Help please I'm new

GoldenMotor.com

What's going on here?

• Lack of oil?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • First build, what did i do wrong, besides putting like 120 miles on it in 3 days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
my guess would be either faulty piston from factory, or horribly lean like a steady air leak

with chunks inside, I'd save it for parts & put in new motor

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
my guess would be either faulty piston from factory, or horribly lean like a steady air leak

with chunks inside, I'd save it for parts & put in new motor
Faulty piston??? lol
Why do noobs post the same question twice??

Holey crap.
You leaned out your fuel mixture so much that you got the piston hot enough to melt.
You probably have an air leak that leaned it out.
Age of motor?
You offer no written info?
What spark plug?
Oil mix?
Temp?
How were you riding it?
but none of that info changes what I said.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, just once I saw new piston with crack along top - just another thing I always check now : (

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no, that was several years ago - figured it for casting slag error like an impurity in metal that cracked when it cooled

I still have a bucking bar that shattered like glass first time it was used - can see the graininess in the split. China metal is pretty much crap : (

domN8er

Aug 16, 2016
california
What happened? Why? Is there a fix?
you have a blown piston i would replace the whole engine only because your new and that is a straight out blown engine but if you wanna repair i would say piston and jug some new rings and make sure the connecting rod is still functioning but i would get new motor as this needs to be taken all the way apart and fully inspected because if you leave pieces it will break over and over again
sorry for your loss