Help!!! I Need A Part!!

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Jun 23, 2008
Dag Nabbit. Wouldn't ya know it? I just bought one of those 80cc two stroke jobbies, got it all set up, and on the first attempt to start that sumbitch the clutch plate retainer nut stripped off. OMG.:-|| Does anyone here have a spare?, or know of a place to get that darned thing? Am I really up against it now, or is there light at the end of this tunnel?

RED

Last edited:

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i have no idea what you are talking about, can you post a picture?

my clutch plate broke a bit in the spot where the steel retaining pin is. I used a bit of JB Weld on it and now it stays in.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
ah yes i know where that came from...DON'T USE JBWELD ON THAT!! i do not have a replacement.. . you may have to buy the whole assembly...but i have no idea

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
weld it up to build up the striped threaded area then drill and use the correct metric tap.or
check with one of the vender's here there's US and Canada dealers.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Contact your seller first, then start contacting everybody else. Look for burnt up or warranty return engines for parts such as these.

Omaha Red

Jun 23, 2008
I am contacting the seller. It seems a shame to have to purchase another motor just to get a nut. especially since I have gotten no use of my new motor yet. wonder if I can find a machine shop to make me another.?.?.?

Omaha Red

Jun 23, 2008
the brass nut that was supposed to secure the clutch cable came loose, sending the clutch arm out super fast, all while I was trying to kick start the darned thing. what I think happened was, the clutch was trying to turn as it was being slammed back home, and the threads just couldnt hold it all together under the combined stress of tension and torque. but that's just a guess!!!

Oh, and you're absolutely right, the seller SHOULD replace the part, i think, considering I never even got to fire it up. But he refuses. perhaps I'll cry to the ebay-paypal machine and get my money back....

Jun 25, 2008
Hi Omaha Red,

I'm new to this forum but would like to see if i can help. If ya dont mind can i take your pictures and send them to my mechanics and see if they cant scrounge one from somewhere?
Being so small, shipping shouldn't be too bad, do you mind if i get you a quote?

Mike

Omaha Red

Jun 23, 2008
Hi Omaha Red,

I'm new to this forum but would like to see if i can help. If ya dont mind can i take your pictures and send them to my mechanics and see if they cant scrounge one from somewhere?
Being so small, shipping shouldn't be too bad, do you mind if i get you a quote?

Mike

Sure thing, Mike, That would be awesome

Red

Jun 25, 2008
Hi Red,

The Cheapest quote i could get (inc delivery to USA) is £11.39 or $22.63

How is that for you?

Lemme know. I can PayPal invoice you if like. just PM me ur email...

Hope thats OK

boylove35

Jun 13, 2008
Can anyone get me a good price for these items?
1. push button clutch lever
2. clutch control arm with locking screw
3. clutch cable

Jun 25, 2008
Here's the only clutch control i have (plus cable) will find out postage to USA tomorrow and will have full price for you then.

Hope this is ok

Attachments