Hello from michigan

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I agree with Greg about the choke...
My method is to pedal fast while holding the throttle wide open & then reach over with my left hand & slowly move the choke lever up & down until I hear the engine start to come to life.

Reactions: fasteddy

Jett40

Aug 21, 2021
Macomb mi
I'd also like to say that that's a great looking bike!!!

Those old Schwinns are still my favorite bikes to motorize! (^)
Thanks for the advise guys.
I do play with choke on cold starts, I guess I feel it shouldbe easier but I really don’t have anything else to compare, I don’t no anyone else with a motorized bike.

Jett40

Aug 21, 2021
Macomb mi
Thanks for the advise guys.
I do play with choke on cold starts, I guess I feel it shouldbe easier but I really don’t have anything else to compare, I don’t no anyone else with a motorized bike.
Thanks for the compliment on the bike.

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Thank you, It is fun, top speed is 24mph.
Depending on how hilly your area is, (Salem is pretty flat), you might want to experiment with a 36T sprocket on the back. In my experience, it made the 20- 25mph range MUCH less frantic, vibration-wise, and top speed was over 30mph. I'm a 245lb fat guy, by the way.

Jett40

Aug 21, 2021
Macomb mi
Depending on how hilly your area is, (Salem is pretty flat), you might want to experiment with a 36T sprocket on the back. In my experience, it made the 20- 25mph range MUCH less frantic, vibration-wise, and top speed was over 30mph. I'm a 245lb fat guy, by the way.
Very flat in the area that I live in, bike does vibrate a lot until it starts to really come alive. Thanks for the suggestion of the 36t ill get one the next time I buy parts. Rear sprocket screws loosen often, I applied lock tight to them but still come loose.