Hello from Huntington Beach Ca.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SSGT-FLASH, Apr 21, 2010.

1. SSGT-FLASH

SSGT-FLASH New Member

Hello,

I recently bought a lowered streched beach cruiser and a motor for myself. I also bought a beach cruiser and a motor for my buddy. We plane on building them this weekend. I'm looking forward to cruising it this summer. Any advice would be appreciated. So far I'm very impressed with the builds I have seen in this forum. I'm also impressed with the quality of this site. The build facts are helpfull and your builds are giving me a lot of ideas about what I want to do to my bike.

Thanks

usflg

2. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

welcome aboard. i'm in newport beach. if you guys need any help, lemme know.

also, you should read this thread:http://motorbicycling.com/f17/real-deal-california-law-15268.html

just try to ignore all the arguing and stick to the facts. ;)

i've never had a problem in HB, but cross into Newport and you better have your papers in order or the gestapo will get you...

3. SSGT-FLASH

SSGT-FLASH New Member

bairdco,

Hey thanks for the info. I had no idea that they were cracking down so hard over there. Thats pretty lame if you ask me. I'll keep that in mind if I cruise over there.

Thanks.

.flg.

4. SSGT-FLASH

SSGT-FLASH New Member

ok so I have been having one **** of a time with the rear sprocket on my lowered beach cruiser. The problem is that there are more spokes then on a normal bike and the hub seams a bit larger too. I had too have my buddy create a 1/4 inch spacer plate out of aluminum to get the sprocket to align correctly due to the weird shap of the rear tire. Also the bolts that were supplied in the kit were worn and looked to have been used but I replaced them with stainless steel bolts. So far so good but its been a pain.

:-||