Hello from France!

GoldenMotor.com

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
Hi everybody!

I'm very happy to join you and to see all of your vehicules!

First, I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, it's not my mother tongue, but I think you'll understand me!

So, what about me, I'm french, I'm currently a student in information technology, and I'm crazy!!

I built with some friends 3 motorized bikes with chainsaw engines.
I built the CicloTRON first, it was realy simple, with a friction drive directly on the clutch. And because at this time I didn't know how to weld, I build it in wood.
The engine is a Sachs-Dolmar 112, 52cc, ~3HP.

Then with my fiends, we founded it so wonderfull that we decided to build a second vehicle, the Black JACC (JACC is the contraction of the first letters of or first names: Julien, Alexandre, Clément, Clément)The engine comes from a McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10, 54cc, ~3.5HP (this is the only chainsaw I know that is auto disasembling itself)
We had a lot of touble with this vehicle... (brakes, starter, starter-rope, exhaust, carburator, and the screws comes from the USA, so it isn't the same screw thread as here in europe)

Then I learn (by my-self) how to weld and we made the Troncotinette, a kind of go-ped!
This is a crazy project!! We started from scratch and we build everything, the frame, the brakes, the clutch...
The cluch is very simple: The roller is directly on the engine shaft, ant the chainsaw is on an armature that put it on the tyre or a little above it. It is commanded by a pedal near the front wheel.
The brake is very similar to the clasical go-ped brakes: it is a piece of old plane tyre, witch can be put on the tyre with a pedal, at the rear of the central board.
The engine is a no-name chainsaw, 33cc, ~1HP and it goes very fast!

And we recently rebuild the CicloTRON to make the CicloTRON reloaded. We used the same chainsaw but we added a reduction before the roller.

I will put the photos as soon as I will be allowed to do so.
You can see a lot of photos on my website (in french): ht[REMOVE]tp:/[REMOVE]/ciclotron.forever.free.f[REMOVE]r/
You can also see some videos on the video page: ht[REMOVE]tp:/[REMOVE]/ciclotron.forever.free.fr/videos.php[REMOVE]?menu=9&i=Videos-de-la-CicloTRON-tream

Bye

Attachments

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Hi everybody!

I'm very happy to join you and to see all of your vehicules!

First, I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, it's not my mother tongue, but I think you'll understand me!

So, what about me, I'm french, I'm currently a student in information technology, and I'm crazy!!

I built with some friends 3 motorized bikes with chainsaw engines.
I built the CicloTRON first, it was realy simple, with a friction drive directly on the clutch. And because at this time I didn't know how to weld, I build it in wood.

Then with my fiends, we founded it so wonderfull that we decided to build a second vehicle, the Black JACC (JACC is the contraction of the first letters of or first names: Julien, Alexandre, Clément, Clément)The engine comes from a McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10, 54cc, ~3.5HP (this is the only chainsaw I know that is auto disasembling itself)
We had a lot of touble with this vehicle... (brakes, starter, starter-rope, exhaust, carburator, and the screws comes from the USA, so it isn't the same screw thread as here in europe)

Then I learn (by my-self) how to weld and we made the Troncotinette, a kind of go-ped!
This is a crazy project!! We started from scratch and we build everything, the frame, the brakes, the clutch...
The cluch is very simple: The roller is directly on the engine shaft, ant the chainsaw is on an armature that put it on the tyre or a little above it. It is commanded by a pedal near the front wheel.
The brake is very similar to the clasical go-ped brakes: it is a piece of old plane tyre, witch can be put on the tyre with a pedal, at the rear of the central board.

And we recently rebuild the CicloTRON to make the CicloTRON reloaded. We used the same chainsaw but we added a reduction before the roller.

I will put the photos as soon as I will be allowed to do so.
You can see a lot of photos on my website (in french): ht[REMOVE]tp:/[REMOVE]/ciclotron.forever.free.f[REMOVE]r/
You can also see some videos on the video page: ht[REMOVE]tp:/[REMOVE]/ciclotron.forever.free.fr/videos.php[REMOVE]?menu=9&i=Videos-de-la-CicloTRON-tream

Bye
Welcome! Let me to be the first to say that is really unique! So how fast does it go?

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
It goes around 55Km/h (35MPH)

On the CicloTRON and the BlackJACC, you have to pedal to go to this speed, but not on the CicloTRON Reloaded. The Troncotinette is a little bit slower, we dont know for the moment.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the largest, most informative, INTERNATIONAL motorized bicycling website in the universe! I'm sure you'll make a great addition here.

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
Thank you!

Yes i saw the amount of messages and threads! it's a huge forum!

And motorized bicycle will invade the streets HAHAHAA ! :D

.cs. (I love the smileys! they're great) .shft.

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
I cant add all my pictures in one post, so I will put the descriptions of each vehicle in separates posts :( (wy is there this kind of rules???)

[...]

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
the Black JACC

And the new starter and exhaust:

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
The Troncotinette

the brake:

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
The CicloTRON Reloaded

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
Thank you guy's!

If someone wants to build one, it is pretty simple and only take 1/2 days of work. And it is very rekiable, very easy to fix, but not very powerfull..

here are the plans: (notes are in french, but if someone want them in english, just ask me.)

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
At the begining, neither do I, but after a while, I had no real solution to transmit the power to the wheel, so I put my bike on the handlebar and the seat, then I put my chainsaw above the wheel, and it became logic!

I also wanted to do It quickly, because I was working in the field, and I was bored of going back home by bike after 7 hours of work!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Now that was the incentive I was looking for to try one of those home built type DIY bikes!!!! I have a couple of saws here, and a full wood working shop.

Poupoudoum

Feb 22, 2009
Bordeaux (FRANCE)
Nice!

If you do it, send me some photos!

I send you some of our projects (me and my firends, the CicloTRON TEAM)

The ChoppyTRON (a little chopper bike, with a lawnmower engine on it, the friction is on the side of the tyre)

The chips mobile (A 3 wheel project, with full suspention, and a friction drive on the 2 rear wheels)

the ChopperTRON, with 2 McCulloch chainsaws (can I say Americam muscles) and a moped rear wheel, transmition, and front!

and probably the next one we will build: The ORNItorink with a moped frame, and this crazy chainsaw (72cc)