Hello everybody you can call me Gardog, Its nice to be here...finally!!

GoldenMotor.com

Gardog

Hello Friends,
I have been browsing this website like a buzzard looking for a bloated cow for weeks. I had a kit on order, received it, and now I have just recently changed my (singletrack) Trek 930 into a motor powered speed Demon with a little front suspension action (Rockshocks) that would make Steve McQueen proud.^5
^5
Thank you for having me aboard!

Last edited:

Gardog

Thanks for the welcome, I seem to have a lot of ching a ling
noise coming from, what I think is the clutch. Would you know if that is normal. It was sold as a 70cc and seems to rev good, with a little added ching ching-o-ling.

Gardog

Thank you all for the welcome, I think I might be posting correctly, by ansering everyone, or maybe I just need to answer once . Ol well I do have a question for you all.
I seem to have a lot of ching a ling
noise coming from, what I think is the clutch. Would you know if that is normal. It was sold as a 70cc and seems to rev good, with a little added ching ching-o-ling. I will have some pictures coming shortly

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thank you all for the welcome, I think I might be posting correctly, by ansering everyone, or maybe I just need to answer once . Ol well I do have a question for you all.
I seem to have a lot of ching a ling
noise coming from, what I think is the clutch. Would you know if that is normal. It was sold as a 70cc and seems to rev good, with a little added ching ching-o-ling. I will have some pictures coming shortly
I am not familer with the clutch making that type of noise. But you could lube the gears and check the clutch adjustment.

A) Disengage clutch by pulling handle bar clutch lever inward and lock into catch lock.

B) Remove right side engine clutch cover and remove small locking screw on center *Clutch Adjust Nut.

C) Pull clutch arm on left rear engine inward. Back off *Clutch Adjust Nut ¼ turn counterclockwise.

D) Release clutch lever and check for slight clutch arm 1/16” free-play on opposite side of engine. Readjust *Clutch Adjust Nut as required to get required 1/6” clutch arm free play.

E) Tighten *Clutch Adjust Nut on clutch plate clockwise until just snug.

F) Then re-install small locking screw in outer edge of *Clutch Adjust Nut.

G) Good idea to place a small gob of grease at gear mesh area. Use grease sparingly! Then replace cover.

H) Squirt light grade oil down clutch cable sheathing to reduce friction and make for easy lever pull.

Adjuster Nut

Gardog

I did exactly what you said and it made a big difference. The other thing I failed to mention was the oil/fuel mix I was using was a non - synthetic. As soon as I made the adjustments you mentioned. I noticed a change in noise. when I changed the fuel to synthetic, the noise level went way down. The bike has about 3/4 of a gallon already burned altogether. A lot of the smoke has diminished since the change to synthetic as well. Any who, thankyou for the good info, it saved me time and aggrevation. (p)