Hello all

GoldenMotor.com

Chain theory

Aug 8, 2008
Dallas Texas
My name is Joey from Dallas aka Chain theory. I have enjoyed reading this forum for the past month or so. I thought that it was about time I said hello and let all of you know how much I appreciate your forum and all of its contributing members. I don't have much to bring to the table here other than enthusiasm and the mad inventor in me. I have an very old Worksman industrial delivery bike M2600 (20” frame) Its the Humvee of bicycles. It has delivered everything from block Ice to car parts in the French Quarter. If it could talk I would be taking notes. I set out to find a Kit that would be worthy of this fine American made machine. Another words something strong enough to move this heavy old tank. I think that I,m leaning towards the DAX TITAN XC. I have also considered the GEB and Stanton Kits. I don't think the HT would fit on this type of frame plus they seem to lack the t3sticular fortitude that I think I'm gona need to get this thing moving. I would like to get this rig up to 45 mph and get 150 mpg with a basket full of groceries and a smile :) on my face. Am I expecting too much?

Attachments

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. That will make a nice motorized bicycle. I think a center frame mount china engine would make it go 45 if you used a Pablo/Ghosto jack shaft kit and some gears. I'm not familiar enough with the others to tell what it would take with them to do 45. I bet some one else will chime in though. Glad you joined us................................

tylden

Jul 2, 2008
Welcome Joey !
I think you have a fine bicycle there and one that you will NOT wear out. Worksman makes a great product for sure. Although I can't say anything about the Dax Titan since I've never actually seen one, I can speak highly of the Staton Inc kits. They are beefy, heavy duty, industrial grade built to last , just like the Worksman bicycles....kind of goes with the theme, ya know ? One thing I'd look for though, the freewheel sprocket for the back wheel may need to be machined out to fit the Worksman rear axle....not 100% sure on that one, but definately something to look into. Also of note, I'm glad to see what appears to be a drum brake on the front wheel. The heavy rolled steel rims on the Worksman bikes aren't compatible with rim brakes, and I'm not aware of any disc brakes that would work with the Worksman wheels either. I do know there is an outfit in Maui that does downhill bicycle tours with Worksman bikes equipped with the drum brake in the front and the coaster brake on the rear. They ride 27 miles, ALL DOWNHILL, with a 10,000 foot drop in elevation. I figure if the drum brake is up to that challenge on a daily basis, it will be just fine for a motored bike. Whatever route you go with an engine kit, be sure to get one that is reliable ! I sure wouldn't want to have to pedal the beast home or up many hills in the event of a breakdown. Good luck and let us know how it comes out :)

tylden

Jul 2, 2008
Oh yeah, one more thing, the reason I brought up the brakes is that I don't see it being too much of a challenge to get a heavy bike like that moving. I think I'd be more concerned about getting it stopped, especially if you have any big hills to go down. If it were my bike, I'd make sure the brake shoes were fresh and the drums were in good shape....I'm betting they are probably okay but you never know on an older bike. Good brakes is something you will definately need though. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Chain theory

Aug 8, 2008
Dallas Texas
Thanks guys

This bike has allot of momentum, and it is a chore to stop. I am always prepared to stand on that right peddle. I just got the front drum working, what a difference. Once while riding in the French Quarter I had a head on with a flower cart. The cart lost. The drum wasn't working at that time. When I thought of that wreck It inspired me to fix it again.