Has anyone tried this trick?

GoldenMotor.com

lestat101

Jul 15, 2008

Today I started my first build and I was looking at the grip shift grips and was thinking ?????

Why not reuse this as motor mounts for my engine? So I was able to on the front mount and the rear I had some pieces of rubber that worked better. I sliced them long and then cut out the middle.

Pictures have been provided for illustation..............

DSC02967 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSC02963 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Today I started my first build and I was looking at the grip shift grips and was thinking ?????

Why not reuse this as motor mounts for my engine? So I was able to on the front mount and the rear I had some pieces of rubber that worked better. I sliced them long and then cut out the middle.

Pictures have been provided for illustation..............
Where BE the pictures?

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008
sounds great. everybody comes up with the solution to fit their frame and it's geometry.

I like using old leather belt, innertubes and the clamps that come with the kit on both the inside and outside of the tubing:

front
IMG_0999.JPG

rear
IMG_1000.JPG

jon

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I used lead sheet front and rear, both sides of the tubes.
It works exceptionally well, I will do it to every bike I build from now on.

Last edited:

Stinger

Aug 8, 2008
I used some 1/8" semi-soft vinyl I found at lowes. It's the stuff for walls that goes from the very bottom of the floor, up 5 inches or so. You see it alot in commercial buildings and its super strong. It was $1.86. But I've got a simplified friction rack mount so it was easy.

lestat101

Jul 15, 2008
I guess I am not at all surprised to see how many of us have tried one thing or another to cut down the vibes.............

Great ideas everyone!