Handlebar mounted killswitch with key?

GoldenMotor.com

zhono

Feb 2, 2012
MA
Anyone know of a handlebar mounted kill switch with a lock/key build in? Essentially what you'd find on a scooter, but meant to be mounted to 7/8 inch handlebars.

Also, off topic; I signed up for this forum like 3 or 4 years ago, and only posted like 2 times. Switched over to a pre-built scooter, so didn't really come back here for anything. Sold my scooter, and now finally getting around to building another motorized bike, so I figure this forum is probably a good place to start hanging out. Have packages filled with all sorts of parts and electronics and whatnot coming in over the next few days. Where is the correct place in the forum to start a thread about my build, to post details and pics, etc? Have some big plans for my new build, and a few ideas that I might need advice on to execute.

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
They sell one in wish, AliExpress and eBay possibly amazon as well. Mine came from wish but they’re currently sold out. It is for a mini atv/scooter. I need to install it now that the Corvid is running again

wolframore

Nov 10, 2016
Illinois
Is this to keep a sibling or a roommate from using your bike? Since it’s a bike basically anyone can still pedal off with it.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
That's a nice-looking switch bracket.

Could be used for a 160-212cc engine with electric starter,
thereby deleting the engine's bulky red panel.
I suppose it could, if the keyed coil switch as I have it is easy to see for honest folks and a push button starter located under the tank or seat. The "bracket" made in my shop from 1/16" stainless. Nothing fancy but works as needed, mounted using the gooseneck bolt.

Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Tom, can the key be removed when the switch is in the closed position (ignition shorted to ground)? I put a similar switch on my 4 stroke bike but to my disappointment, when I turned off the ignition the key could not be removed from the lock.
David.
Yes The key comes out in both positions. Resisted screwdriver actuation. I mean what is a key for? Looked in my ring binders. No receipt. Might be in a doc drawer in the shop. internet search and we are tracked, quickly turned up a Ebay offering. I expect this what I am using.
Tom

Reactions: Davideo

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
David.
Yes The key comes out in both positions. Resisted screwdriver actuation. I mean what is a key for? Looked in my ring binders. No receipt. Might be in a doc drawer in the shop. internet search and we are tracked, quickly turned up a Ebay offering. I expect this what I am using.
Tom
Tom.
This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Need a rabbit foot key fob David ? My photo was a before I got them. The keys fit on a quarter so quite small. I got a bunch of the rubber boots to shield the switch poles as per photo too.
Tom

Reactions: Nightster