Grenade finally went off!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have also read from other sources that adding more oil will lower the octane # in gasoline... (it seems crazy but it's true).

Also... Too much oil will definitely lean the fuel/ air mixture. Think of it this way... The more oil in one drop of gas= less gas in one drop of gas... (& less gas mixed in the same amount of air means that it is leaner)! ;)

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
living on the edge! salute! I wonder if you can use one of those RC coils. and just go analog.

As far as leaning out the fuel goes. Obviously increasing the amount of fuel to oil does technically 'lean' the cylinder's gasoline from optimum. And a lean condition can cause detonation... However.

Take an engine going 9000 RPM and slowly reduce the fuel/oil flow rate in the carb.....
it goes BOOM and seizes.

Take an engine going 9000 RPM and slowly increase the oil to fuel ratio but keep the same flow rate in the carb...
It goes SPutter sputter buuurrrrrrrrap rap cough rap buurrrrrrrr...... and comes to a safe stop undamaged. Clear out the oilly fuel and you can start it right up.

Both are 'lean' conditions. Obviously Kmah knows what he is doing more than the average builder. As far as my expertise about engines and luck to have been part employed to work on those machines, im just lucky. you have no idea... Big money. Big power-plants. Big iron. even Jr dragsters. Buying ERC purple and alcohol by the 40 gallon drums... Every Friday night on the way home, I'd throw five or ten gallons of purple into my old galaxy 500 and fill the rest of the tank up with 91/92.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ahh! my dad's 63 xlt 500. used to borrow it, drive around the corner and take the air cleaner off and wast as much gas as i could doing one tire burnouts on every water filled corner i could find! gas was 19.9 cents a gallon then and cig's were 25 cents.