Greetings from Winterpeg!

GoldenMotor.com

Zibignu

Oct 25, 2021
Cool to see an active community upon who’s brains I may pick for information regarding these bikes. I have a Zeda 80 (or clone idk) on an old Specialized Hardrock and working on a wacky snow bike.
55A6F928-4BB1-40A3-BA18-B5B9914F1351.jpeg

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Most of the members don't know where Winterpeg is. They haven't been at the corner of Portage and Main in January. I was only there once and that was enough.

Google, Portage and Main, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Welcome to the forum from Vancouver B.C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ontario born and raised. Lived in New Hampshire and upstate New York for twenty years. Finally made it back to B.C. 15 years ago. Best view of snow is on a calendar or a Christmas card.

We get snow in the mountains of North Vancouver. Grouse Mountain is a world ski destination.

Looking forward to seeing your snow bike. My son rides in Vermont year around on one of his motorcycles tricked out for summer/winter riding.

Steve.

Reactions: Zibignu

Zibignu

Oct 25, 2021
Thanks for the welcome. As for that snow bike it's more in the concept stage... for a long time. I had several projects that never really panned out. I had 2 back wheels mounted on a swing arm. like a trike with no differential but I had the wheels only 6" apart. Kinda worked lol but did not provide any additional stability, which is what you need when you hit that ice patch taking a corner.

I think I'm liking the route of mounting 2 bikes, side by side both with 49/66 motor and treat the 2nd bike more as a sidecar. Pics to come.

Dave.

Reactions: fasteddy

Zibignu

Oct 25, 2021
Instead of 2 motors get a differential axle, both wheels pull and ratchet in comers. https://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=179
You can get 3/4" also. https://www.surpluscenter.com/New-Arrivals/Peerless-100-007B-Differential-3-4-Axle-13-1618.axd Welcome aboard..............Curt
Hey those are good prices for diffs! Definitely required if you intend to turn your trike/quad in many situations. In my case, I wont be permanently mounting the 2nd bike. I won't need a differential simply because there will not be an axle at all. What's going to be more important on my particular build is the steering will want to bind when I turn. The inside wheel needs to turn sharper then the outside one while cornering.

Dave.

Reactions: fasteddy