Greetings from Colorado

GoldenMotor.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Hi everybody.

I stumbled across this world while looking for 50cc scooters on Craigslist...now THIS is a cool idea.

I haven't gotten a motor kit yet, but I'm really excited to do so. As soon as I get a little spare cash I think I'm going to go for it. I just haven't totally decided where to get it yet. Was thinking about getting one from ThatsDax, but it's hard to resist the cheap BoyGoFast deals on eBay...decisions, decisions...

Anyway, I can't wait to get up and running. I have a '99 Nishiki Bravo that I'll be throwing the motor on for the time being. Eventually I'd like a nice old-school cruiser done up to look like a vintage motorcycle, or a sweet trike would be nice too.

My commute is 6.5 miles each way every day, and I think this'll be a real gas saver - not to mention my wife will be able to use the car.

Take care

Jason

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site. i got my first motor from boygofast the same reason you are thinking. i wanted the cheapest way. my last motor i got from thatsdax and i am glad i spent the extra money. think about how much the bike is gonna save you in fuel bills, insurance and everything else and its a little easier to spend the extra money, you really do get what you pay for and with dax you will get service after the sale. my kit from boygofast was not exactly as described and any help after the sale was pretty much non existent and the part that the add said came with it that didn't i was told to bad in so many words. all it was is the adapter for the bigger frame and would have cost him next to nothing to send it to me. glad to have you with us and no matter what your decision i am sure you will love a a bicycle with a motor

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Spend a little extra money and get a rack mounted 4 stroke engine. The 2 stroke engine can be reliable but only with extensive minor tweaks that most only learn from bad experiences.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Spend a little extra money and get a rack mounted 4 stroke engine. The 2 stroke engine can be reliable but only with extensive minor tweaks that most only learn from bad experiences.
Honestly I don't mind tweaking to get things working properly. I know my way around a motor pretty well (though, 2-strokes are new to me). Not to mention I'm reading all this stuff, so I should have an idea of the needed tweaks up front :)

My only real issue with the Titan is that for that price, I could just buy a used 150cc or 50cc moped and call it a day. I'm attracted to the china kits because of price.

Cruiser, are Dax's kits any different from the multitude of other kits that are all the same? Or is it just same stuff, different price, better service?

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
All 2 strokes are pretty much the same. THe tweaks aren't necessarily internal but external such as all new mounting bolts and nuts and studs etc...

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Jason, welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. I like the chinese two strokers best to. I like the traditional motorcycle motor look that the center frame mount gives. I guess thats why there are different types, cause we all have different tastes. Glad you joined us.................