Greatings, never ending projects

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nsmith, Mar 4, 2010.

1. nsmith

nsmith New Member

Hello, I have been lurking for a while. I started building a front wheel friction drive inspired by velo solex racers. It is going to be light weigh, not sure about how fast. Before work and kids I use to do a ton of mt biking so I have lots plenty of bike parts. I also picked up a used dimension edge kit in the middle of all this. Not sure if I am going to use it. It was on a Huffy Cranbrook. the kit worked good but the bike was far below my expectations.

2. nsmith

nsmith New Member

Forgot to add. I am in SE PA, If anyone is looking to wrench, swap parts etc let me know.

3. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum nsmith, glad you joined us.

Your build sounds very interesting, we would love if you would share more about it. Sounds like a cool build, not to many front friction drives on the forum.

.wee.

4. stevolandis

stevolandis New Member

Welcome- there is a rally in Lebanon, PA in august- check the user jbcruisin- he hosts that rally. You might be able to bring your bike!

5. OCCstingray

OCCstingray New Member

Welcome to the forum. A front wheel friction drive sure will be interesting. There are a few riders in southeast PA, me, Fossil, KilroyCD just to name a few. Like stevolandis said, there is a rally in Lebanon hosted by jbcruisin this August. I am sure he will gladly welcome you to attend. Last years event was great. Good luck on your build.