Great motorcycle and bike movies

GoldenMotor.com

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi, on any sunday is my pick because i was racing in socal desert. a lot of my friends were in it. my club the dirt diggers of so cal and some other clubs got free tickets to the grand opening in westwood. it was very loud!

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
Right after I saw "The World's Fastest Indian", I checked out "The Motorcycle Diaries", the first half of the movie was pretty funny, getting that monster bike on the rough backroads of S. America.

Diarios de motocicleta (2004)

In 1952, a semester before Ernesto "Fuser" Guevara is due to complete his medical degree, he and his older friend Alberto, a biochemist, leave Buenos Aires in order to travel across the South American continent in search of fun and adventures. While there is a goal at the end of their journey, they intend to work in a leper colony in Peru, the main purpose is tourism. They want to see as much of Latin America as they can, more than 8,000 miles in just a few months, and also bed as many Latin American women as will fall for their pick-up lines. Their initial method of transport is Alberto's ancient and leaky but functional Norton 500 motorcycle christened La Poderosa ("The Mighty One").

Their route is ambitious. They head south, aim to cross the Andes, travel along the coast of Chile, across the Atacama Desert and into the Peruvian Amazon and reach Venezuela just in time for Alberto's 30th birthday, April 2nd. Due to La Poderosa's breakdown, they are forced to travel at a much slower pace, and make it to Caracas in July.
In a journey that lasts eight months, the partners travel over 14,000 kilometres, from Argentina through Chile, Peru, and Colombia to Venezuela. Key locations along the journey described in the film include: In Argentina, Buenos Aires, Miramar, Buenos Aires, Villa Gesell, San Martín de los Andes, Lago Frías, Patagonia; in Chile, Temuco, Los Angeles, Valparaiso, Atacama desert, Chuquicamata; in Peru, Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Lima; The San Pablo Leper Colony; Leticia, Colombia and Caracas, Venezuela
Trivia clipped from imdb
The motorcycle used by the real life pair was a British-made Norton International, which had a 500cc single cylinder engine. The director revealed that they found, restored and used such Nortons except for the crash scenes where modern Suzukis were made up to look like Nortons and christened "Nortsukis". The director revealed that whereas the old Nortons were unfailingly reliable, the modern Suzukis were forever breaking down.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I vote for "Time Riders" good movie. Stone Cold Rocks! If I had a bike like that I'd sell it and buy everyone a new motor! Then blow the rest!!! Later Tramp

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Any of the 60s and early 70s biker movies are awsome. I'm a sucker for really bad B movies, when you throw Bruce Dern and/or Dennis Hopper mixed in with Sonny Barger(sp?) and some of his boys on some early custom bikes it makes for some good viewing. Wild Angels is one of my favorites and there are 100 more that many have never heard of. Keep the wind in your hair...Kelly(c)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
On Any Sunday is the movie that really gets me going....I've watched it thousands of time's....just yesterday as a matter of fact..

I know this may sound silly but it really showed me in what direction I wanted my life to go in....Malcom Smith...my hero

I got to meet him years ago when I was kid at Loetta Lynn's Motocross Ranch...What a guy, What a guy!!

Did you know the kid in the start of the movie on the mini bike doing a wheelie is Jeff Ward at the age of three?

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
What about the movie RAD from the 80's? That was the coolest movie ever when that came out when I was a kid. :crash:

Wait, we're talkin motored bikes.. rotfl

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bumping this very old thread because I just stumbled on a movie that I've never heard of but the co-star is a Norton Commando.

It's titled, 'One Week' and stars an actor named Joshua Jackson. The story is about a guy who's diagnosed with terminal cancer and buys a used Commando and takes off on a cross Canada trip. The story isn't really about the motorcycle but the bike is a focal point in the flick.
Anyone else seen it?

Tom