Got a few new parts for my indian powerplus project

GoldenMotor.com

RocketJ

Jun 20, 2018
Don't feel bad there's ALWAYS another part required! Good luck with your project.

Rick C.
Thanks. Just so I know for the future, which one is the clutch that engages when revving the engine and what is the purpose of the pulley?

Reactions: fasteddy

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It's

A gokart transmission. I wanted something close to how those '16 bikes looked. Plus it'll come in handy when i add a side car in the future.
I'd also considered the go kart transmission for my sidecar project & it's a good option for that purpose. What engine are you considering to power the bike?

Rick C.

RocketJ

Jun 20, 2018
I'd also considered the go kart transmission for my sidecar project & it's a good option for that purpose. What engine are you considering to power the bike?

Rick C.
The engine will hopefully be something special. Curt and I have been discussing A design for a v twin converted from an air compressor pump. I'll be testing it out in the coming months.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
V compressor motor conversions to fuel has been done, so it can be so again. The one I've seen was built as a 2 cycle & was pretty sweet though it was not mounted or intended for use on a bicycle, but rather just a display for trade shows and it ran & had an interesting exhaust note both on idle and under load. It started using a V pulley and 110 v.electric motor. The builder was rather cagey when it came to details of design, but my recollection was that it appeared to be a reed valve/case inducted design (single carb) I don't recall seeing a manufacturer's marque. I think both exhaust ports were on the curb side (right) but that may not have been the case, as this was several decades ago and I've slept since!

Best of luck sounds a project that will involve some time and a bit of ingenuity...coupled to much determination.

Rick C.

RocketJ

Jun 20, 2018
V compressor motor conversions to fuel has been done, so it can be so again. The one I've seen was built as a 2 cycle & was pretty sweet though it was not mounted or intended for use on a bicycle, but rather just a display for trade shows and it ran & had an interesting exhaust note both on idle and under load. It started using a V pulley and 110 v.electric motor. The builder was rather cagey when it came to details of design, but my recollection was that it appeared to be a reed valve/case inducted design (single carb) I don't recall seeing a manufacturer's marque. I think both exhaust ports were on the curb side (right) but that may not have been the case, as this was several decades ago and I've slept since!

Best of luck sounds a project that will involve some time and a bit of ingenuity...coupled to much determination.

Rick C.
Thanks for the support! I saw someone else make a similarly described design. Strangely enough, he was also very hesitant about his design. Something to do with a patent I believe. If and when i get a finalized model working, I'll be sure to release my schematics on the forums. It would really open up more opportunities for builders on here.

RocketJ

Jun 20, 2018
More parts are finally trickling in. I finally found a beautiful, sturdy speedometer for my project. An older gentleman on the west coast is selling off his stock from his defunct bike shop. I snagged this for only 20 bucks.

Attachments