Gas leaking from NT carb.

GoldenMotor.com

Jcs1989

Jul 31, 2016
Alabama
Hi new to the 2 strokers. Jus got my kit in today and installed it in a few hours. When I had put fuel in the gas tank an turned the petcock to the on position. I watched the gas go into the carb. Then after a few seconds it started dripping out of the air filter. I sat an watched it drip for a minute hoping it would stop but it didn't. Anyone else have this problem. Does it just need to be adjusted or what could it be ? Everything is tight far as I know ...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The float in the carb is stuck.

Lift the rear wheel off the ground a little & drop it to shake the stuck float loose.
You'll know it worked as soon as the carb stops dripping. ;)

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Please reference this article... It helps some...
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=302

Go through bike, replace Scrapaloy hardware, loose ragjoint, NO RESILIANT MATERIAL BETWEEN MOTOR AND FRAME, ignore bad spelling, use blue Loctite, beware crappy stock tensioner, 1/2-3/4 inch of motor chain slack is perfect. Blah blah blah, welcome to the world of ChinaGirls! They rock! Idiosyncrasies aside, best bang for your buck. Poke around, use the search bar up top, here is where the good folks are!

Jcs1989

Jul 31, 2016
Alabama
Thanks guys nailed that one on the head. Jus fooled with carb a bit learned a little more about it. And wham. No problems. Float must've been stuck. Put a stock 3 half turn on the adjustment screw an it idles well an runs even better an no leaking gas. I feel kind of stupid because it's got a button on it that bumps the float lol

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
The only time I use the tickler is to fill the bowl, and burp the fuel line, If I've removed the carb for some reason. On a random note, after running for a while, especially at lower rpm, you might see fuel/oil drip from your air cleaner, this is caused by reversion of part of the intake charge, as the piston abruptly cuts it off. Its fairly normal, it's usually not as pronounced at higher rpm.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you didn't flush and clean the fuel tank before installing it and if you're not using an in-line fuel filter the chances are your problem will return. You're float needle valve was probably being held open by trash in the fuel.

The kit tanks are notorious for having rust, dirt and scale in them that are responsible for this very common problem.

Tom

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Chinese 2 strokes, nothing a gentle smack here and there cant fix, and yeah. they are addicting for sure. Why do I need 9 motorized bikes...? laff