Future Schwinn Briggs Project

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by msrfan, Dec 8, 2016.

1. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

Got this rolling stock from my buddy John that owns Banzai Machine here in Huntington Beach. It had a 3hp Techumseh for a while and ran well. Not sure how it will end up, but will add info as I go. May be a while as I have a few other things to work on.

[​IMG]

2. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

Got to watch this also, LOL..........Curt

3. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

It needs some HD wheels and a front brake. The top front engine mount is high enough for a 5hp also. The big question is chain or belt drive or a combination. Clutches are the most expensive part of these builds. So far I've used a 3D Motorsport clutch on one bike and I'm really impressed with the quality and action, so I bought a few more for these future bikes.

4. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

I've got a few HD wheelsets, 24 and 26. Let me know if you need something.

5. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

Thanks Baird, that's really cool. I'll take inventory and get back to you.

6. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

Still trying to decide on 3hp or 5hp on this bike. I have some of each. May use a 3D Motorsports clutch on the engine shaft or make another jackshaft mounted clutch setup. May also go chain drive. I'll get a set of wheels built up for it and then decide. Probably put fenders on it.

7. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Is that a old Whizzer frame??? (all those crazy mounts all over the frame look factory).

8. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

Don't look too close, they're going to need some clean up and maybe reinforcing. It's actually a 70's middleweight that has had the rear opened up a bit. Banzai John grew up working on custom Harleys, so he's not afraid to weld brackets where needed. Including holes through the seat tube and a heim joint to hold the throttle cable adjuster, plus a few more to try different seats and tanks. The tank is pretty heavy for Chinese and it has 6mm mounting studs. The forks are moped with an added brace.

9. Tony01

Tony01 Member

5hp of course!! When are ya gonna build a 212 Schwinn?

10. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

Hey Tony. Yeah, probably a 5hp. I don't like the looks of the predator, level or upright. In fact I just traded an almost new one for a smoking 5hp flathead Briggs. I may use one in the future in a hot rod bike.