fuel filter

GoldenMotor.com

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
i saw that a lot of builders put an extra filter in the fuel lines between petcock and carb. im going to copy this idea cause my bike quit on the way to work on night and it started to rain right at that exact moment. I later found dirt in the carb and in the fuel line sag. that little filter in the petcock isn't very effective by itself.

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Yeah those petcock inbuilt fuel screens are hopeless, mine was damaged from the start, putting an external in line fule filter is the best insurance you can take

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I might suggest the paper element filter what you can see through about $4.00 or less at wllmart or your favorite auto parts store.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
This one works fine for me. Also considering that I live on the northern California coast and it rains, drizzles, fogs, etc. most of the year I cleaned out my little gas tank with acetone and coated the entire inside of it with a fuel tank sealer to prevent the tank from rusting. The stuff is expensive but not enough to have to deal with the hassles of clogged carbs and stalling engines when I'm 30 miles from town.

Attachments