Frames - Whats the difference?

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
I didn't think this question deserved to be kept in my first build post.

I am looking at getting a Grubee Aluminum frame but I went through Bicycle-Engine`s website and looked at their photo showing how to spot a knock off from the real deal. Says the real Grubee has a small plastic fuel cap not a large metal one and that it has disc brake caliper mounts.

Well I was going to buy this frame from Bicycle-Engines website but with shipping it put it at over $205. I did some searching and found other places that have the frame by the name Skyhawk GT2-A which is what it says on Grubee`s website and they are offering a lower price with free shipping.

So my question is whats the difference between the Grubee`s GTA found here.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/Grubee-Aluminum-Motorized-Bicycle-Frame-GTA.html

against the so called Skyhawk GT2-A found here

https://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/col...sc-brake-caliper-brackets?variant=12699467908

I found it cheaper at some other places using the same photos that shows the disc brake caliper mounts are not welded in as shown in the photo for the one from Bicycle-Engines. Are these both real Grubee`s frames? I hate to spend more money than I have to if I can get it cheaper either through free shipping or a lower over all price if its the same product.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
I was under the assumption they are the same frame? Maybe someone knows something I don't?
I thought they might be the same frame I just wanted verification. The only thing that threw me for a loop was the more expensive priced one shows a welded in disc brake caliper mount where the other two sites are showing they use adapters.

In any case I purchased a frame from Raw Motors ended up getting it for $145. I just hope I get the 150mm frame width. Site said the frame is available in 135mm and 150mm frame widths but no way to select so I posted I wanted the 150mm frame width in the shipping instructions. Hope they follow through with that. Otherwise I will have a frame to be posted for sale.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
The Grubee frame has a built in rear disc brake mount.
So is the one i bought from Raw Motors a real Grubee frame? It has plates to mount to the frame for the caliper mounts to just like shown on Grubee's site. It doesnt look like the one from Bicycle-Engines with the caliper mounts welded in and no adapters needed?

Dont know why things have to be so complicated at buying the real deal and not knock offs.

Feb 2, 2017
California
So is the one i bought from Raw Motors a real Grubee frame? It has plates to mount to the frame for the caliper mounts to just like shown on Grubee's site. It doesnt look like the one from Bicycle-Engines with the caliper mounts welded in and no adapters needed?

Dont know why things have to be so complicated at buying the real deal and not knock offs.
Same difference. All made in China.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Same difference. All made in China.
So it doesn't matter they are all made over seas then?

I just didn't want to get a poorly made frame. I do plan on putting disc brakes front and rear so the adapters to mount to the ear on the frame to use disc brakes is a plus for me.

I do hope to drive this thing fairly regular and after I move I will use it a lot more as a easy way to drive down the street to the town square vs driving my truck.

So now only thing left is to decide on the front forks and what color I want to paint it all. I keep looking at double springer forks but I am liking the sunlite deluxe springer forks as I like the curved tubing over the square style tubing junction of the other brands Ive found.

Feb 2, 2017
California
I don't know, people make it seem like bicycle frames can be bent soo easily at the slightest pothole or something....... unless you're out there doing triples and back-flips off mounds, shouldn't be a huge problem concerning the metallurgy in bicycles. Any bicycle.

Go for that Sunlite Deluxe Springer as your mind seem to be set on it, do it once and do it right so you won't have any regrets later. Just don't go triple tree. :p

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
I don't know, people make it seem like bicycle frames can be bent soo easily at the slightest pothole or something....... unless you're out there doing triples and back-flips off mounds, shouldn't be a huge problem concerning the metallurgy in bicycles. Any bicycle.

Go for that Sunlite Deluxe Springer as your mind seem to be set on it, do it once and do it right so you won't have any regrets later. Just don't go triple tree. :p
Oh I wont be going triple tree. I found a real nice looking board track racer style Indian bicycle build that was for sale down here in Houston it recently sold for $4,500 but for me I figure let me build it that way I can build a cruiser style for more comfort over all out racing. The one they built has the curved forks where they meet over the more boxy side by side of the other brands ive seen.

The roads are pretty bad here in some areas but I wont be doing any tricks with this one just simple cruising for a good time kind of thing.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Only thing is i dont like the look of threadless stem mounts ive been finding they just all look too modern. I know ive seen a few 1 1/8 to 1 inch headset conversion kits but seen people claim replacement style headsets dont fit the skyhawk frames.

Might just go with the headset conversion and run a 1" threaded springer fork.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
So i have to ask who is a good reputable shop to buy this frame from?

I emailed wed with no reply, ive called four times with no answer, ive left a message with no answer i even went so far as call the alternative number on their other website kings motor bikes with no luck still.

Ill be filing as fraud tomorrow at my credit union and will be finding some place other than raw-motors, gasbike.net and kings motor bikes.