Foot Pain - bipartite sesamoid metatarsal

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Anybody battle this? Bipartite sesamoid metatarsal pain.

The Natural Foot: Sesamoiditis

Not fun....years ago the docs thought I had GOUT! I wear arch supports that basically stop the problem....but then I'll do something stupid like mow the whole lawn with old crusty flat tennis shoes and now I suffer. Big toe joint about doubles and hurts like near death.

I can ride and work on the bike.....but yowsa!:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I've had nerves removed form both feet due to tumors on the nerve morton's neuroma I think it called and I've got to experience gout I can't write here how that feels, well I could but then I'd have to ban myself. Lets say when it acts up I can feel a fly's wing beating at 10'000 ft. above me in the toe joint and can't stand it. I also can't stand a light sheet on my foot. The pain will make your head spin around 3 times and make you spew the green puke.rotfl

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Pablo,
Try a topical prescription NSAID inflammatory. Have your doctor write your a prescription for 10% ketoprofen w/ 5% tetracaine as a PLO.

PLO stands for pluronic lecithen organagel and can be made by a compounding pharmacy-ask if they can make a PLO. The ketoprofen is like ibuprofen, an NSAID, but has local effects and the tetracaine is an anesthetic to numb the area a little. PLO tpicals penetrate the skin and work where they are needed while minimizing systemic absorption and side effects.
You have to pay out of pocket for a PLO since 99.8% of drug insurance only cover non-compounded manufactured meds but the potential for pain relief is worth the price.

Skyliner70cc

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
What would you suggest for a knee with no ACL, bad meniscus damage and cartalidge that looks like the surface of the moon?

Doctors say they won't replace it with a "artificial" knee until I'm 60. They said the only option is a cadaver knee, and that's months and months of imobilization and a whole lotta money that I don't have.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Skyliner70cc - awesome - thanks! When I went to the Dr. on Monday - (GP) she had never heard of the problem! Did what the Dr.'s did in 2000 - "GOUT!!!" I said NO it's not gout yadayadadadadada......at the end of all that, she wouldn't give me any drugs.....but I was on the downslope then and by Wed-Thursday pretty good (I was riding again) Fine today.

But I'll save your info for the future - never trying a local topical! EXCELLENT!!

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Idiot doctor: primary manifestation of Gout is in your big toe plus a simple blood test would have ruled it out....lab test for uric acid levels is a good way to confirm gout pain but not diagnostic by itself without pain symptoms.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Skyliner70cc
You sound like you know what your talking about are you an MD? I've had gout and take a med for it, allopurinol 100 mg lowers the uric acid. So far I have not had a bout with gout for 7 years. Keep my fingers crossed.
Norman

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Norman,
Doctor of Pharmacy (Clinical Pharmacist) but not an MD. In defense of doctors who I constantly bash, its not their fault that costs and insurance reimbursements requires them to do fast food medicine by seeing patients for 10-15 minutes max. They barely have time to catch their breath and compile their thoughts. Its in and out of rooms with waiting patients all day. To get the best possible care in modern medicine it requires active patient involvement, self-education, and PERSISTENCE.