" flustrated "

GoldenMotor.com

KennyInce

Jun 21, 2017
Don't know if I can find my way back here to see any answers. But here goes...My Aurelio tech 80cc....I have 2 problems with..1 the cable to throttle is on right I know. But the other end that goes into carburetor Im pretty sure the spring is stopping it from working correctly..Thinking about cutting down the spring. 2 when I first put on chain directions said to take clutch plate off to make it easier. For whatever reason I put on the chain...Put on the plate...Put on the flower nut...Put on the lock screw... Noticed the spring so put it on and the the cover.....Was hard as **** to move....Finally researched a video....Put back right.
Test drove a 16=1 ratio if gas let cool....Today I took to work and it didn't want to start...Btw..While testing since throttle don't work I adjusted speed by the choke...( And to work and back home) got about half way home....High whine equally noise.....Did I break it?

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Check that your carb is assembled correctly. It's easy to put something in the wrong order. There's no way that the spring can be the problem. You might have the slide in upside down or with the slide backwards. Also check your cable routing so there are no pinch points or too tight curves.

16:1 is too heavy and may be contributing to the problems.

Attachments

Reactions: KennyInce

KennyInce

Jun 21, 2017
Check that your carb is assembled correctly. It's easy to put something in the wrong order. There's no way that the spring can be the problem. You might have the slide in upside down or with the slide backwards. Also check your cable routing so there are no pinch points or too tight curves.

16:1 is too heavy and may be contributing to the problems.

KennyInce

Jun 21, 2017
I took to work yesterday....It was perfect...On way home throttle quick working again. I'm positive it's set right in the carb. I think the spring is too long making it bunch and therefore turn in the carb to make it not work. It's possible that could be the problem right?

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Sorry for delay. Yes, the instructions say 16:1 but that is to protect the warranty so guys don't seize the piston. Most experienced builders (not me, I only have a few) suggest that 32:1 is safe. I've done this with mine and no problems at all with lubrication.

About the carb, there is something odd going on with it. There are many ways the factory assemblers mess up but I can't imagine that out of the blue there was one extra long spring installed.

Yes, try the e clip at the top notch to see if that helps.

If you have been hearing a high whine, maybe my ex has moved into your neighborhood.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you over tighten the top on the nt the barrel will become egg shaped causing the slide to stick, this happened to me a few years ago.

KennyInce

Jun 21, 2017
Pushed the motor over a little....Seems the cable still sticks ...Moved the slide pin up a notch....Has 5...Came in middle.

Re-tightened ALL bolts. I'm almost at wits end with this dang thing! Don't suppose anyone is in killeen Texas that could look at it for me would ya??????

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
It might help if you can post some pictures. Have you changed your fuel/oil mix to a lighter ratio?
The throttle should be smooth and easy. Does the carb slide move up and down easy just by hand without the spring?