First Build.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Beastmodepink82, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Beastmodepink82

Beastmodepink82 New Member

More than the mechanical aspect of it. It's knowing what to ask for, it's the terminologies that elude me more than anything. There are recommendations to upgrade things like, get certain types of tubing and tires. If I go into a bike store it's a little easier because it's Hands-On and I can talk to them and explain what I'm looking for. But when I'm online shopping I need to know specifically what it is that I'm supposed to be getting.

2. Beastmodepink82

He's been super helpful. Everybody on here it's been really great. All the advice and help has been much appreciate it! And I never like to pay full price for anything. If there's a cheaper way I will find it.

3. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is learn from the forum, if you'll read through some of the threads for cruisers you can learn just about everything you need to know. If you get hung on something stop and ask, we've all been there and have had to ask.

Beastmodepink82 likes this.
  4. Beastmodepink82

Picked up a 1977 Schwinn Spitfire today.

Attached Files:

5. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

Now the fun part begins! If you run into a problem just ask.

Beastmodepink82 likes this.
  6. Beastmodepink82

Thank you! It's a pretty solid bike. There is some minor surface rust. Trying to decide if I'm going to send it down and repaint it or just get that engine on there. It needs new tires and wheels for sure. Has no brakes. It'll need new pedals.

7. Beastmodepink82

I'm also waiting on my instructional DVD from bikeberry as they forgot to include it or a packing slip into my shipment.