first build wont start! need help

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
I just completed my first build I am by no means a mechanic! It has spark I tried to start it when I popped clutch the wheel never stopped spinning and when I walked the bike with clutch not pulled in the wheel at first won't spin but does move a little bit! Could this be the starting problem and what should I do? Thanks

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
start, by doing the clutch cable and clutch adjustments - if the woodruff key is missing, you'll spot that during the adjustments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
been seeing some new motors from factory this last few months with drive sprocket loose and/or key missing - no biggie if one catches it before something breaks

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
when you do the adjustments, you should easily spot the place where spinning stops before it turns the motor

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yes, back wheel will turn freely when clutch plate is not against pads

some cheap kits come without the center spring - it is just there to quiet the clutch plate when it is out

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you need to explain what is happening - is wheel turning, but motor is not? for that you need to open both covers and see where turning stops

is back wheel not turning? for that you need to take off clutch plate and take out spark plug and see what doesn't turn

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
The problem they are turning the clutch and the back wheel! The problem I am having is they will not stop turning! I push bike forward they both turn free they turn free with or without clutch pushed in

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
I got tired of working on the last engine I had so I thought I would get a new one! Big mistake already tearing **** apart and haven't even got it to start yet!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you got to say what's going on - sounds like inside of clutch is turning but outside isn't, so motor doesn't turn, but I really can't tell from what you're saying

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Sorry crassius don't know what everything is called!but yeah you got it! Had clutch lever way in so that's why everything kept spinning! Back wheel keeps skipping without clutch lever in I don't know how to fix it! Gonna go try it now see if it starts bringing a hammer and a trash bag with me cause if it don't gonna take a hammer to it then clean up my mess!!

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
unhook the clutch cable. see if the motor turns over. if not remove the chain cover from engine it has the clutch actuater built into it .if that daesnt make it turn the engine the engine over check the clutch actuater pin and bearing to make sure it moves .if not make sure it does move it could be stuck.if no good at this point its in your clutch itself:-||

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
OK I unhooked clutch lever same thing wheel skips!and when your on bike and try to pop the clutch with pressure on it the rear wheel doesn't skip just keeps on rolling!don't know what clutch a is or where it is or where the clutch a pin is located! I know one thing I just blew 150 I didn't have for this POS ENGINE!

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
the side that your bike leans to when its on the kick stand is the left side. get on your bike. look down. look at the engine at the left side. at the rear of the engine you will see a cover with three screws. take those screws out. that has the clutch actuater in it.when you look at it you will see a gear for your chain and a pin sticking out.thats the pin that you need to make sure moves.behind that pin is a small round bearing,some times they stick.make sure they move. if not squirt wd 40 down the hole after you pull the pin. use pliers to pull the pin.reassemble in oppesit order

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
the arm that works the clutch should point to the back af the bike.adjust the clutch acording to instructions. if no instructions ask here.some one will help you

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
OK guys I was thinking something was wrong with my clutch! Think I had lever pulled in to far that explains back wheel spinning I put new carb on adjusted lever it started! Want to thank each and everyone of you for your input! I really do appreciate this forum you guys are awesome!