Finishing the Greyhound Build!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Think an under-inflated, fat tire would take care of that Max, or did you already try?

Would be a really cool ride. Quick detach and back to a regular bike.

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
MaxPower - I would think that saddle bags directly over the wheel with 20-25lbs per side would fix the jumping. I know it's counter intuitive to make it heavier but..... just a thought - Have A Pleasant Day

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Well it's as finished as it is gonna get. Mostly this bike was to prove a concept and it works very well even though it looks strange. Mounted the home built gas tank ( one gallon), put on a fork from a Trek hybrid, had to put on new vbrake posts so I could use 26" wheel. Gave it a 30-30 paintjob (looks good at 30 mph or 30 yards maybe) and added some Bontrager tires. Got a little more than 600 miles on it and everything is good.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
No Sheep Elmo, looks awesome! Really cool one of a kind. Paint job looks great from here, snork. Kidding, paint looks great.

(ya gotta enter her in the summer thing)

You ever try any of those plugs?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Eltorro (the Bull)

Looks Good Buddy. The Frame Line`s Are Nice And Straight. Don`t Know Any Changes Needed. Get A Bigger Tank And Ride That Puppy Over Here For That Visit. Any Idea Of How Fast You Have Drove It And Milage. Nice Build, I Likee. Ron

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Thank you for the kind words guys I am really enjoying the bike.There have been three more builds here since I started riding my first one. All kits though. Two friction drives and one ezy.
Dan I haven't found any local yet but I did find a few more numbers. NGK-BP6HS, CHAMPION-L92YC, AC-43F8, AUTOLITE-274, BOSCH-W6BC & WR6BC+. These numbers came from a crossreference web site.
Ron I had it up to 37 one time but normally run 27 to 30mph and it gets 150 to 165 mpg. I hope to maybe get a little more since I got rid of the nobbies and got some good tires on it. plus I want to try the chickenwire aircleaner like Dan.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Way to go, Elmo. Looks good, rides good, great mpg and a range of about 165 miles on a tank of gas. Awesome! Are you still smiling as you ride? That's what it's all about.
SB

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Dan use it however you want to. Yeah it sounds pretty good to me, but is is LOUD at wide open throttle. My brother said he could hear me a couple blocks away.
Thanks for the good words Silverbear, I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip home. Monday I didn't smile much as I was caught in one heck of a thunderstorm on my way home, it was a solid wall of water, I could only see a few feet in front of me and my boots were half full of water after a couple of miles and they were inside of my pant legs. On the plus side the engine never stuttered and carried me home. I couldn't have been wetter if I had jumper into a pool with all my clothes on. After a lube job and cleanup it is doing fine. Happy Trails to you.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks Elmo. Moosh and I are planning to leave on Friday providing the tags come. I'm hoping to make it to the central Ohio Race/Bike show Cantillever is putting on Saturday and also hope to meet a few forum members for the first time. Only motorbicycles I've seen in person are my own. It's time I broadened my horizons! Should be home sometime Sunday... can't wait! I'm thinking about a four stroke build this summer... you're contributing to the delinquency of an elder you know.
SB

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
You should find a good use for that extra space, like, throw a long seat from one tube to the other, or mount a potato cannon that pivots on the rear post for tailgaters. :eek:

rmillerb

Aug 23, 2009
California
Hi Elmo,
I'm just about to start fabrication on a Greyhound based, scratch project. Thanks for the motivation, I followed yours intently and learned a lot. I have most of the parts I need to start but need a little help with the Max torque clutch. How do I get one with a "low speed spring"? Lots of people sell them but I haven't seen that option. Seems important to me to keep engagement speed low to avoid overheating the clutch. (Big guy, heavy bike). Included a rough sketch, have since drawn to scale and made tubing patterns; yes that is rear suspension... I hope!

Attachments