face palm hp to cc help

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Having a issue I here that 13 to 17 cc equals 1hp,

I found a numerous amount of good engines 3hp, but on some it says 97cc is that necessarily true for a thick shafted engine I'm not looking to get pulled over, nor am I looking to buy a beat up pocket bike I want a thick shaft for heavy duty usage on the road rebuilding my chopper but must be in compliance with law.

The law shall not be evaded I concerned debadging the serial and purchasing a briggs sticker of lower cc but that's not excusable. Ehhh

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
There is no such cc to hp rule. There are 30 hp 212 predators oUT there. They come stock at 6.5 hp.

I don't know what the laws are in Washington, so it's hard to determine how to help. Look up the power rating on the HF website and see what it says for the 79. I'm pretty sure 3hp sounds right though. If the size is a concern, find yourself a 50cc sticker for the flywheel cover.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
There is no such cc to hp rule. There are 30 hp 212 predators oUT there. They come stock at 6.5 hp.

I don't know what the laws are in Washington, so it's hard to determine how to help. Look up the power rating on the HF website and see what it says for the 79. I'm pretty sure 3hp sounds right though. If the size is a concern, find yourself a 50cc sticker for the flywheel cover.
Says no more then 50cc must be read as 49cc if it's 50cc exact they split hairs to control the aware.

Other laws include it must be 2bhp I just don't want my rig doing 45 if I do 20 I won't be bothered 30 questionable but law permits up to 30 mph on mopeds.

We are concidered a gray area it's still a bicycle with pedal delete I'm adding the pedals back from a little girls bike that I know that broke down chop off specialized crank. Instead of spoke driven both sides will be rim driven also is there a way to weld aluminium rims chopper rims are ridged in the middle over time they split down the sides.

As for the specialized frame I decided to invest in this moped motor 125 cc and make the specialized a drag bike for kids. Fast as **** but hey its so low they won't be able to wheelie.

Irony is i found a guy who's selling a x7 pocket bike soul jabbing for his throttle and engine with exhaust but it says online that the x7 crotch rocket engines 49cc but 5.95hp?!! Your F * kidding me right?

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
http://www.minipocketrockets.com/x7-super-pocket-bike/

This says 5.1 hp, a good tuned engine will get that. But if it says 49cc there is now way a cop will know the Hp, as for most they around 2hp............Curt

So shall I go with a go kart motor or a pocket bike x7 which matches exactly, my rear wheels welded on at the axle hub gear so thus making it easier to snap a pocket shaft from laying off the throttle, the first build "lambi" was a friction drive shaft with a bowlens 50cc that threw the shaft. After pedaling when i laid off the throttle the shaft snapped going up hill. Wish to avoid tiny shafts.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Sounds like sc laws. 25 mph limit, but can't be physically capable of going faster than 30 on a flat surface. Must be 50cc or less. I have no issues with taking off and getting up to speed with my 48cc and centrifugal clutch kit. I have, however, considered making it a hybrid with a 48v electric front wheel with some small batteries to be used for takeoff only. No laws say I can't. May be worth a look...

Edit:
I also snapped a shaft on a weed trimmer FD. It was a 23cc weedeater engine with a 7/8" socket bolted to the crank. The crankshaft flew off and the flywheel went whizzing by my ear. The stress on the crank with friction drive is too much. A better way is to run bearings on both sides of the roller (like staton friction drives )

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Sounds like sc laws. 25 mph limit, but can't be physically capable of going faster than 30 on a flat surface. Must be 50cc or less. I have no issues with taking off and getting up to speed with my 48cc and centrifugal clutch kit. I have, however, considered making it a hybrid with a 48v electric front wheel with some small batteries to be used for takeoff only. No laws say I can't. May be worth a look...

Edit:
I also snapped a shaft on a weed trimmer FD. It was a 23cc weedeater engine with a 7/8" socket bolted to the crank. The crankshaft flew off and the flywheel went whizzing by my ear. The stress on the crank with friction drive is too much. A better way is to run bearings on both sides of the roller (like staton friction drives )

HAHA! burrrrr RAHHHH! #FROOM# dO,ob (===)

LOL well mine just looked like a grown man ran up and snatched it off and said walk home.

Hey what do you think of these motors? This is more along the lines of what I need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181116...3D711-198453-24755-9%26rvr_id%3D1109113757447

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yeah, ratio of hp to cc is a very variable thing. Right now, That'sDax has a KTMC 2-stroke that is stated to put out 9 hp at 12,000 RPM. Nine horse from 49 cc. That would curl your hair a bit.
So many things about an engine influence horsepower, like backpressure, air-fuel mix, air temperature, size of carburettor venturi, octane rating, proper spark, and so on.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I've heard terrible things about those CAG engines. I have zero first hand experience with them though, so take it as you will.

Definitely doable. There's a few people who have done it before.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
I've heard terrible things about those CAG engines. I have zero first hand experience with them though, so take it as you will.

Cag? Define Cag all I know is if it won't throw a shaft I'll put my money where my mouth is I've kept my old derailers as well so I can preset the high and lowes to sit in a stationary position preventing chain from jumping off, it's not so much about power for me just getting around may deck it out just for rain riding. Add an extra wheel set make it a 4 wheeler and weld a small overhead dome stop some of that rain bad part is choppers suck with rain street tires will make you slide all over the place if your not going in a streight line,

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa

Here is some information I found useful

Engines

We have identified four different types of engines used in the Cagllari (Cag) Pocketbike. They are:

1. SY Engine
2. ZH-1 Engine
3. BD Engine
4. 48cc Engine

The SY, ZH-1, and BD engines, are all basically the same, design-wise, but there are little differences between the engines that I will point out (also, remember that the tolerance factors between the engines are so great, that there may be a few SY engines that perform better than ZH-1, BD, etc, and vice versa).

It has been shown, that the ZH-1 has bigger intake ports (look inside the cag's head, and you will see two ports, one on opposited ends of the head) than the SY head. Bigger ports will give you higher RPM numbers, but the low end will be somewhat decreased due to a larger surface area. Remember, bigger isn't always better. There is a sacrafice. With bigger ports, air/fuel velocity will be decreased, but again, since more air/fuel is introduced, you will reach higher RPMs. Again, since the tolrance levels are not that great with these engines, you will find that some SY engiens will perform better overall than the ZH-1 engines. I'm not familiar with the BD engine, to give a thorough review.

The 48cc engine, compared to a ZH-1, has noticeably bigger intake ports, as well as the piston is bigger. This engine is commonly referred to as having the Big Bore kit. This engine, is definitely faster than any of the stock cag engines. The power is greater at all ranges, low, mid, and high. If you're lucky enough to find one of these engines stock on a cag, congratulations. How can you tell or look for one of these engines on a stock cag? You pretty much can't tell the difference, without taking off the head and measuring the bore and stroke. It's a pretty much hit and miss type of deal.

Stock Performance in mph

The following are approximations:

SY, ZH-1 and BD engines - 30 mph (+/-) at 9500-10,000 RPMs
48cc engine - 33 mph (+/-) at 11000 RPMs

/B]