EZR's Full Suspension Summer Project

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Well after a week of searching on Craigslist, I finally found a frame. It's an aluminum full suspension frame. It will have disc brakes on the front and regular pads on the back. I'll be calling Andrew soon for a new sprocket. The power plant will be a........?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
nice frame. i have been getting my full suspension mountain bike ready for the bicycle motor. i don't like bending over the bike to ride. its great in the woods but for riding around the streets and stuff i would rather sit upright. i used bmx handle bars and it made it like riding a comfort cruiser. i think i will call it my muiser lol.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
That frame lends itself perfectly for a jackshaft kit. One of the few full suspension frames already capable of accepting a China girl without modifications. Do you know who made the frame and about what year?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I feel I found a diamond in the rough with this frame. The guy I bought it off of said it was a late 90's Giant frame. I'm going to use a downhill chain tensioner like the Team BoXer full suspension bike. It's been tested and prove to be durable over rough terrain. Plus it minimizes the number of moving parts.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Tonight I got a chance to briefly work on my bike. I installed the bearing cups and hubs, bars, seat, forks and brakes. Hopefully tommarrow I'll put the tires on the rims. I had one small hiccup. The cranks were the wrong size.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Getting Closer

Today I got the right crank set and throttle done. Last would be the chain derailer and of course...the power plant.

I never really paid attention to the finer details of the frame until Lean Dean pointed it out to me. There are some cool CNC machined parts.

The bottom rail of the rear suspension

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
i don't like bending over the bike to ride. its great in the woods but for riding around the streets and stuff i would rather sit upright.
Hi Paul,
I went to the bike store today and I found a detachable 3" riser. Here is a picture of my bars and they do seem a little low for street use. I'm think of getting a riser just for cruising.

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008
Well after a week of searching on Craigslist, I finally found a frame. It's an aluminum full suspension frame. It will have disc brakes on the front and regular pads on the back. I'll be calling Andrew soon for a new sprocket. The power plant will be a........?

Where could I find a frame like the pic?
Thanks
Bill

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008