• Use the EZ Q-Matic

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Comet tav2

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes. I believe NuVinci stopped making the bicycle cvt quite some time ago, if I recall correctly almost all of their models did not hold up well to engine power and they are difficult to pry apart and work on. Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
almost all of their models did not hold up well to engine power and they are difficult to pry apart and work on.
They like electric motor power, but don't like internal combustion engines.
I convinced Fallbrook Tech to send me a developers kit to test with a 48cc for free.

I let the magic juice out of that auto shifting one, and a 360 with powerful 66cc 2-stroke so not the best shifting system, especially with a Predator engine, I suggest a strumey archer internal 5-speed, which doesn't answer the question abuot a transfer case for the predator engine.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Great reply KC, could save some us disappointment in the furure
Is the EZ Q-Matic for 79cc Predator any better than the jack shaft setup you see in the 79cc Predator kits? I found a video of a EZ Q-Matic and 79cc Predator on youtube. The video is very short and tells you very little.

Lynn must have finally discovered the on-off switch was on off. Twice when I visited her she couldn't get it running. I didn't have it in me to expose what I observed. Lynn/mbrebel is as honest as and good as they get. But and this is a big but. Lynn by her own admission is a two stroker. 4stroke is a new learning curve for her. From my experience with Lynn, you could do a whole lot worse than using her as a supplier.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
almost all of their models did not hold up well to engine power and they are difficult to pry apart and work on.
They like electric motor power, but don't like internal combustion engines.
I convinced Fallbrook Tech to send me a developers kit to test with a 48cc for free.

I let the magic juice out of that auto shifting one, and a 360 with powerful 66cc 2-stroke so not the best shifting system, especially with a Predator engine, I suggest a strumey archer internal 5-speed.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
A CVT is a power vampire at the start of drive train, but none the less it works well.

I fashioned the mount with new parts I had in the shop.
I could only get like 40mph out of it, my 48-53cc 4-stokers get that.
At this point I may end up with tav2 Comet. 40mph is faster than I want my bike to go without LARGE disk breaks and down hill suspension fork. Maybe a better seat and wider tires to lessen vibration at that speed.

How is the gear ratio on the Q-Matic? We have some crazy steep hills around here. I can hit 33mph ~ 36mph just gliding.

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
According to Pat Dolan of Sportsman Flyer, his 80 will keep up with a 138cc Whizzer. My 49cc Huasheng will climb a hill that I coast down at 40mph.

Last edited:

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
7 speed manual Predator?

I wonder if the gears can be setup like a Q-Matic with a gear on output shaft and centrifugal clutch in back the get chain away from leg.

Someone did a 7 speed 79cc on the sick bike parts system. I am going to try and copy his work.

IMG_2415.jpg

Last edited: