Engine bright

GoldenMotor.com

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
Hey Guys I am fairly new to this so a dumb question.

I strapped my Motored to the back of my Motorhome and covered it the best I could but it rained and snowed on my way to Florida via Texas.

Now my Motor looks like --ap and the muffler has small rust spots all over.

I know Norman seems to have a secret formula called snake spit or something but does anyone know what it is? will something like engine bright work to spiff it up? If not then what?

Ted

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How about one of those 3M green scrub pads? Just go easy on the chrome with it, also any kind of car polish or rubbing compound works great on the chrome.

Sorry, don't know about Norman's secret formula.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I like the name snake spit better sound more cool. But Bob cheated he looked at my stash. It might not get the rust off chrome polish will take minor rust off and use very fine steel wool with dupont chrome polish and your rusted chrome will look better don't get too rough or it will look bad quick. Aluminum will clean up with mothers polish or if you can find it aluminum wool and some polish. Want to get crazy take off the covers and wet sand with finer and finer grit until you are down to 1000 or 2000 grit them use a polishing wheel to buff it so it will shine like chrome. I'm too lazy for that for me very little sanding and I'm ready to do something else. I spent almost 2 years carving an airplane out of wood and fiberglass so I'm not to hot on sanding anymore. I like it rough.rotfl
Norman