Egor's Green Whizzer NE5

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I thought I put a pic of the Whizzer up, so here it is. I just moved the ignition timing, the cam timing and took out the restrictor. Other than that it is stock. Next I am going to install the mushroom lifters, and get the compression up. Have fun, Dave

PS: This is hard, I did not build this thing. So it was built by a China guy, I need to take it apart change the paint and make it my bike.

Pic of Daniel my son.

Attachments

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Oh wow!!! I don't know why you'd change the color.. I really like it.

I'd really like to get a whizzer now that I had a chance to ride lennyharp's tonight. Very nice riding bikes for sure!

I was dead set on black, but now I might have to think about green as well. Looks great on the bike!

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
im with datz. that thing is mother flippin sweet as is. i have a friend who inheriated his grandfathers home when he passed and he told me there are two old bikes hanging from the ceiling with motors. :D so of course i offered to come over and take a look at them and give him some funny green paper for them :D i hope they are wizzers please please please

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
So it was built by a China guy

I thought that Taiwan built Whizzer parts. Last time I checked Taiwan was a multi party democracy. "China guys" build the other popular type of bike motors. I love that Whizzer green, Nice NE-5

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I gotta agree with the fellows Egor. That thing is flippin sweet! I wouldn't change anything until stuff starts to break. Enjoy it before the rainy season hits us then make it a winter project. How fast do those Whizzers top out at?

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I like the Green also, I think it is the best looking color they have. If I do some paint it will be the accents. I was thinking cream and red. Ill put the ends on the fenders and the steering head and the rear stays with the chain guard all those colors. Like a stock Schwinn pattern. It will do 40 easy, but the breaks are very poor so you need to be careful. But it is the sound of the thing that is the catcher. I hogged out the baffle some and it has the larger header so it sounds heavy. A bunch of Harley boys were hanging around as I went by the other day, they gave me the thumbs up, Ill never figure them out. Have fun, Dave

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Whizzer does a great job on all it's colors. I saw all colors over the last couple of weeks and really would enjoy any. I got the yellow as I like a bright target for drivers out on the road. Some nice pin striping would set the bike off real good. All the performance mods will be a help as I am finding out too.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Lenny - Dark Candy Maroon would be a good accent color for the yellow. I am getting to like the bike more and more as I use it. Rite now I dont care about its flaws. Have fun, Dave
Whizzer does a great job on all it's colors. I saw all colors over the last couple of weeks and really would enjoy any. I got the yellow as I like a bright target for drivers out on the road. Some nice pin striping would set the bike off real good. All the performance mods will be a help as I am finding out too.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I installed the Tack today, not wired up yet. What do you think? I also hogged out the baffle as much as I could, My buddy doesn't like the noise but I noticed that I have a better time on the road making noise, I get more room. I could stuff more glass in if I need to quiet it down. I took it out in the rain, I wanted to go for a ride I had just waxed the thing, I guess it sucked the water out of the clouds, it was dry as I started. LOL Have fun, Dave

PS: My Boss got the blue one.

Attachments

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Sweeet! At least you have another Whizzer to ride with. The one Whizzer rider in Tucson I pictured and posted on this site under "I saw you" thread was not at all into making friends or riding with anyone. :D

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I thought Long Beach fell into the Pacific last week. We ought to get together in Indio or somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I finally got my yellow machine going after Quenton did some performance mods for me. Maybe I'll make Tucson in March and Weedylot can ride with me some.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
One of the guys I rode with got a Honda Ruckus instead. It would be fun to get together for a ride. The blue one belongs to my Boss, Yea I have a cool Boss. Have fun, Dave

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'm really tempted to "advance and hog" the Whizzer, but I'm waiting for a major failure as an excuse. I'm having fun just the way it is. No baffle at all makes it louder than a Harley. Well, my neighbors think its louder.
Lenny, come on down for the Spooky Death Race April 19 I think. Before then is fine also. :D

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Weedy - Don't wait just do it, you will not believe the difference. Do the intake first, you can then at least open the throttle all the way. Have fun, Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
This is what I would like to build for the Whizzer, a sidecar. I would like to make it so that it would disconnect easy. this one is made the old school way fabric over wood. A fine job one of the best I have seen. this one was made by Ihemrick on another site. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Egor,

That is looking good. On the side car above I have some ideas about it. Send me your email at lenny.henderson at gmail dot com and i'll give some ideas that I can't put together right now. One is simply to use a wide rim built strong for side loads that are not a usual part of a bicycle as you can lean into the turns and keep pressure on the outer diameter not side. I am tired and that may not make sense so email..

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I took my Whizzer out last week for a ride. I keep the bike in Utah now, I was out touring the countryside and came upon a steep downhill and a corresponding uphill. As I started downhill a truck passed me, but I could tell he was watching me because of the steep uphill, I started up the other side with a full throttle, and I was a little surprised at the way it flew up the other side. When the trucker saw that I was going to make the hill with ease, he slowed down to let me pass on the other side of the hill to see what I was riding. I had a fun day although it was hot, I just had to keep moving (well into the 90's) I have a high compression head yet to get on this thing and It still need to get the lifters and get the old ones in the dust bin. I still blows oil out the breather with the PCV valve. But overall it is a fun ride. Have fun, Dave

Last edited: