Dyno Fink

GoldenMotor.com

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4943.JPG IMG_4945.JPG IMG_4781.JPG IMG_4870.JPG I've been building these little suckers a few years started out easy and simple then my mind started thinking "well what would be really cool?"and I got it in my head that a Honda 50 type motor in a strong beach cruiser would be dope. I've been thinking and saving parts looking at bikes my friend Dennis sold me a pair of China pit bikes from his back yard, then a couple of years ago my brother in law gave me an old Dyno "deuce"with the geatest ape hangers and from these humble beginnings "Dyno Fink" was conceived
It's a little tongue in cheek and I dig Ed Roths art

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
That is great! Sizable engine too. Nice to see the shifter set up like that. Be careful please.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Well I'm waiting on jets but it's like twice as much power. I have to take it easy it sure gets to 30mph fast.Here's a funny thing, the gear pattern on this one is the opposite of the little one so when I'm going from 3rd to 4th and I forget and hit 2nd WOW! Jeff how's that makeover coming?

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
My engine upgrade to a newer Brigg 3.5 is all I've done for years. Maybe I can find a place again to finish the Art Fish Cover.

Video in Mendocino National Forest OHVing I have to see if the saved video I have in memory can tell the setting on my SJCAM, as for some reason this is less jumpy video. Maybe it was I had been earlier used my bike helmet rather than the motorcycle helmet to mount the cam. Heavier helmet equals crummier video.

I just noticed it is the motorcycle helmet by the shadow shape, so I will see if I can find what settings were used.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
When you can get videos of the bike of yours running, please post! I also noticed the seat looks to have a greater amount of cushion that most bicycle banana seats.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Well I don't know how to post videos but I wanted to give an update, the new motor is broken in and I think I have the jetting right, this bike is the one I dreamed about I think it's still geared low but it goes, my initial wiring job was hurried and I had the voltage regulator over heat and burnout the tail light,turnsignal and the battery so I had to remount it where it could cool and cleanup my wiring job. I took a long ride tonight and all seems good.I'm getting better with the shifting.When I started building bikes it was putting motors on bicycles this one feels like I put peddles on a motorcycle and I dig it

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I have ridden an Yamaha 125 Dirt Bike and had to get used to the very low gearing. I noted that some times just letting off the throttle back to idle would skid the tire. I had to slowly let off throttle or pull the clutch in. Going down a dirt hill with loose stuff, I had taken notice real quick.

I never got too much into motorcycle repair or mods for gearing, just old one that had points needing attention. In days when it was deteriorating, I remember going on a freeway and seeing a minimum speed limit and the slight grade had it dip below 45 for a short while.

I saw this trailer, the middle bike Kawasaki Triple two stroke looked like the one I rode ages ago.

Attachments

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Had a 35 mile ride today with a couple good guys with fast bike I love this stuff
My bike did great but I think I'm gonna wake a smaller rear sprocket it still feels like it's geared too low
IMG_5007.JPG
IMG_5008.JPG
IMG_5009.JPG
IMG_5007.JPG IMG_5008.JPG IMG_5009.JPG IMG_5007.JPG IMG_5008.JPG IMG_5009.JPG IMG_5010.JPG

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
That thing is gorgeous nice job. Love it, if I were to build a bike like that I wouldn't change a thing. I saw a similar build in a tow yard near the beach in half moon bay. Wanted to buy it but missed out. Was that one of yours?

BTW how do you like those tires. I just put one on the rear. Do you trust em? How many miles do you get outta one on the rear?

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
I really like them they're 26"x3" the Dyno I started with was a "Duece"and it came with 3" tires.I've put about 150 miles on them so far they seem good .
I didn't start building this till May 2017 so I don't know about the bike you saw near half moon bay.
It's funny people ask me how much I have in it I say about $800 and all my free time for 3 months so I'm not sure, but l do know I don't want to build one like it for a customer.
I just want to ride this thing everywhere, it's so fun and the looks I get.

Attachments

Reactions: culvercityclassic
Nov 27, 2013
earth
www.Frankenbikes.com
50 mph!
I thot playing in the traffic was a crazy way to have fun!

Venice your builds are so clean- i envy your tenacity. Once i get 'em together i never go back to paint, just start riding.
if i were not me, i'd be you...

el