Does anyone know who builds custom exhausts?

Discussion in 'Intake & Exhaust' started by Wags, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Wags

Wags New Member

Does anyone know who builds custom exhausts?

2. Agreen

Agreen Member

Never seen a custom exhaust builder advertise here. Most people buy a pre-made exhaust or make it themselves.

3. Wags

Wags New Member

Just since I posted this thread I found that mz Miami parts and ghetto bikes both make cutom exhaust. Money isn't an issue but correct and quality is. I'm looking specifically for someone to modify either the kx 65 or the yz80 pro circuit expansion chamber for my bike. I will send them my bike to ensure a perfect match on fitment and lenght.

4. Chaz

Chaz Active Member

I would think a local muffler shop could do it. Contact a local motorcycle repair shop and they could do it. I think you would save a lot of time and effort. either way, I'd like to see the results as I also have a yz80 pipe waiting to get installed.

cheers

5. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

You mean like this??

Attached Files:

#5 Venice Motor Bikes, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  6. Wags

Wags New Member

Precisely!

7. Neptunati

Neptunati Member

Yeah how much for that setup? I needs to gets one.

8. gsmith003

gsmith003 New Member

I am going to be looking for a custom exhaust for my "parts just now being ordered" project, a Predator 212 on a sixthreezero beach frame. Going to a local muffler shop was actually a good thought, thanks!

I have not seen much ready-made outside of kart headers, which look like they will smack the frame or rear wheel. Or end up perfectly positioned to burn my leg. If anyone knows a good source of bike oriented solutions particularly with quiet muffler please do tell!

9. Cylon

Cylon Member

10. Tony01

Tony01 Member

Muffler shops can typically only bend tubing with a minimum diameter of 1.25" and some kind of minimum radius, so double check before you drive to one. Maybe better to get one of those bent tubing with flange kits and have the shop weld it for you.

11. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

That ebay pipe looks all wrong. The header pipe looks way too long for high rpms. If anyone's running that pipe, I'm curious about how well it works.

I'm making expansion chambers that will clamp on to the stock exhaust header. Just cut the muffler can off and clamp it on.

There's a post in the intake/exhaust section with pics.

12. gsmith003

gsmith003 New Member

For the Predator 212 on a bicycle... I have not yet seen a pipe+muffler kit specific to this, just lots of alternatives for karts. Some of them look like they might work, but maybe not. The best alternative I've seen to this point is the "U Build It" collection of tubes like that found on the OMB Warehouse site.

Given that I can get a 1" pipe around the frame, away from chains/belt/legs/gas, can someone suggest a quiet muffler? Anything has to be better than the lawnmower box that comes standard.

13. mike carter 2

mike carter 2 Member

if you are running a 2 stroke,look up cr machine.he sells a header pipe that works great.i used one to mod a 1979 rm 60 x chamber to fit my crusier.ill never do another way.15 20 mins i was done.looks good and is long enough to tune.

14. mobike91

mobike91 Member

Got pics of that? Sounds awesome.

15. Tony01

Tony01 Member

You can use a small glass pack muffler designed for a moped. They sound great and are cheap to service. I just repacked mine for $15 and I still have material left for one more pack. These work great on 2-strokes as well.

#15 Tony01, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  16. mobike91

mobike91 Member

Got any pics of how you did it? I just saw some good ones on eBay