Do I need to clean the combustion chamber?

GoldenMotor.com

Aeonael

Aug 7, 2019
I got a new 80cc engine and it worked fine for about a week, before it stopped functioning. When I release the clutch, the engine fires but it doesn't throttle/accelerate or idle, and it sounds pretty airy. I thought it might be a carburetor or electrical/spark issue, but troubleshooting showed it was neither. I used a 16:1 oil ratio, which now seems like too much, according to several other forums I've read through. My hypothesis is that the engine is over-oiled and the gas now isn't combusting correctly, even though I've now been trying to run unlubricated gas through it. Should I try cleaning the combustion chamber to remove the excess oil? How would I do that? Does anyone have any other theories/suggestions?

Apache Bronco

Jul 19, 2019
Pull your air filter, watch as you twist the throttle to be sure the slide is moving.
Lower your needle one position. Test ride. No change? Put it back where it was.
Change your ratio to 20-25:1 Test ride. No change? Try a new plug.
Make only one change at a time, then test ride. If changing something makes no difference, put it back the way it was.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I used a 16:1 oil ratio, which now seems like too much, according to several other forums I've read through. My hypothesis is that the engine is over-oiled and the gas now isn't combusting correctly, even though I've now been trying to run unlubricated gas through it.
How much straight gas did you run?
Never run straight gas as you will damage your motor due to no oil lubrication.
There is a small amount of oil that stays in the crankcase but that will not last long
if you run the motor on straight gas.