Developed a Squeak

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
well, I developed a squeak and it occurs when I hold in the clutch lever...any ideas?

gettin some major vibration at about 3/4 throttle, not the normal vibrations mind you...it vibrates so much the motor can't accelerate past it.

any ideas on that? are they related? where should i look?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Bearings? I'd at least grease all the bearing in the drive area. Remove the clutch cable holder and shoot some lithium grease or chain lube down the hole with a red straw.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Bearings? I'd at least grease all the bearing in the drive area. Remove the clutch cable holder and shoot some lithium grease or chain lube down the hole with a red straw.
Bike Guy,
It would be nice if I had a diagram but they did not send one,

please tell me exactly where are you talking about here ?

I'd at least grease all the bearing in the drive area. Remove the clutch cable holder and shoot some lithium grease or chain lube down the hole with a red straw.

Are you meaning the clutch control post at end of cable ?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, the post at the end of the cable, (number 32 I think in the diagram) remove it and get some heavy oil down in there.

tlriggins23

Mar 17, 2010
Williamsburg
I recently had put on a new cylinder and have developed a squeak that is continuous and im hoping that it isnt because of that?? Any idea of what it is?

escaped2

Apr 28, 2011
Colorado
So here's my dilemma: My motor was working decent, then I put the clutch on and let it idle for a few minutes to break the motor in while I went inside. It was raining outside. When I came back outside, the bike was off, and now when I pedal it and release the clutch it makes a horrible squeek sound every time it tries to turn over and it won't start. Any ideas???

Last edited:

torcity

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone, this is my first post, however I have been reading this forum and riding for about a year now. Great place to get information, thought I should start sharing some love.

This same thing actually happened to me last week, and after assuming it was the bearings and removing the clutch case, I found that the real problem was the clutch stay pin (the one holding the vertical position of the clutch shaft) poking out and scraping the chain. I pushed it back in, put some marine epoxy overtop, and replaced the cover. After that no squeaking, have ridden about 60km / ~37 miles. Give it a try, hopefully it's an easy fix like mine was. Good luck!