"Denver Area Ride VI"

GoldenMotor.com

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I've been riding mine to school every Tuesday and Thursday. Gonna be 60 on Wednesday so I may do it then too :)
Gonna head over to Denver to look at a car though. It's gorgeous. Anybody in Englewood?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So, where is everybody? How are your guys winter projects turning out? I don't know about you guys but I sure am ready for some riding weather...
I'm here, hold up in the garage, waiting for some warmer weather so I can paint. I've put about 50 miles on the chopper, freezing and dodging ice patches. My neighbor who bought the blue Jag is having starting problems. I told him when it warms up a bit I'll take a look at it. Funny, it always started and ran good for me. Maybe it misses me :)
Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
your jags got abandoment issues for sure .

my ride some carb but almost got them sorted out.

hope we can get some tolerable weather so you can paint soon .

tryed the 60 degree weather other than 35 mph winds wasnt to bad .

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm here, hold up in the garage, waiting for some warmer weather so I can paint. I've put about 50 miles on the chopper, freezing and dodging ice patches. My neighbor who bought the blue Jag is having starting problems. I told him when it warms up a bit I'll take a look at it. Funny, it always started and ran good for me. Maybe it misses me :)
Tom
I got some painting done the other day when it was about 50 degrees. I made a paint booth in my garage using plastic drop-cloth, staples, and some duct tape. It turned out good, I just used a space heater to heat the makeshift booth and I was able to paint around 70 degrees.

The blue Jag is having starting issues?? What did he do to it?? I'm sure it's something simple... Make sure to invite your neighbor to our rides come this season. It's so close I can't wait.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
your jags got abandoment issues for sure .

my ride some carb but almost got them sorted out.

hope we can get some tolerable weather so you can paint soon .

tryed the 60 degree weather other than 35 mph winds wasnt to bad .
need a biger truck slowy makeing MB freinds down here in the springs who odly dont have cars definatly bringing atleast one guy up for the rides come on summer
I finally have my four stroke kit here and installed. Still working out the bugs and waiting for a few little parts to come in (not related to the kit). Took it out for a test ride Tuesday and Wednesday and it seems to be a good choice. More to follow with the build when I post a thread. Definitely bring your friend or friends as long as they have their own MB :p. I know Tom and myself will be pleased that these rides are growing.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I've been riding mine to school every Tuesday and Thursday. Gonna be 60 on Wednesday so I may do it then too :)
Gonna head over to Denver to look at a car though. It's gorgeous. Anybody in Englewood?
Glad to hear that you are all up and running. Make sure to pay attention for the first D.A.R. of the year, should be coming up soon.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Depending on which station you listen to mar 5/6 will be near 70.......you know what that means? You get 3 guesses and if the 1st one isn't correct your fired. Zoom zoom.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
im out for any rides at the moment....fixed my stud but dont own a chamber or rt anymore. until i get my 4 stroke im dead in the water
I say a 2 stroke is better then no motor at all. That's unfortunate my friend... especially with the weather going to be nice over the next few days. I say do what you can to get a 4 stroke in motion, if it's not in the looking like you'll be able to get one then at least get your current motor running well so you and Dave can come on the rides still. I'd hate to see our numbers drop... stay in touch.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
broke another stud...3/4 the way to toms...walked/pedaled home.....handy dandy exploratives vulgar comments and the mouth of a sailor in one couldnt portray how i feel about it right now....i wont be riding till i get a 4 stroke kit period....ive been left walking or pedaling that bike home everytime its been out since late summer...tired of it...i will definetely be out for any and prob all of the rides...after i get this bike fixed right. This 66 i have has been a lemon from the start and i cant seem to get it to work right...

maybe i need to just go back to a reg build ....i can never have the nice stuff it seems

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Steam I 'm like you i'm not an expert on china girls but what I read here, can't you get one of these guys in the metro area to give you a hand? Some of those guys know their stuff. Why don't you ask someone to help figure it out, don't be shy. I'd ask and get that puppy running.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
thats the problem lol...i know at least a little about what im doing.... i called my buddy and got my 48 back...i gonna put the iron horse back together for the time being and just ride that...and well although its nearly as classy as the mp, it did do 40+ at 180mpg...

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Cool get your bike together. I just rode from 11 to 1:30 and it was a blast. The xtra torque on that titan with that 1 1/8th roller is twice that of the soobie. I'm a happy camper.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
so the ironhorse didnt get built...the khs did :) im only a few parts from finishing it...gonna uttonit up this morning and try and go for a ride later today

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I know what you mean about the studs. I haven't had a problem since we fixed mine last, and the minute I take apart the DB and put everything back on the cruiser both rear studs snapped off. So now I have to fix the rear studs on the GT5 and get it back in order. It's good to hear that you got something built and that you should be mobile again, if you need anything and I can help just let me know. We'll see how the weather cooperates this month and maybe we can go for a cruise... You, Dave, Bandito, Will, Myself, and whoever else ??? :)

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
It's looking good Van...

Who's up for a ride this weekend?? "I sure am". I know it's a little short notice but who cares! I have a list with most of the local riders phone numbers. I'll call around and see who would like to get in some preseason riding. Some of the people I'll be calling to see if interested are... Tom, George, Van & Dave, Andrew, Duane, Bandito, Rocky Motor, Will, ... ?. Kim, if your reading you are more then welcome to attend if something goes on.

I was thinking Sunday at the usual meeting spot around noonish, it is supposed to be in the mid to high 60's :). If it's not looking like a full roster then we can meet downtown or on the trail somewhere. I know Will and myself will be riding either way; Let me know what you guys think?

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
Ive got a comp on Sunday, but I may blow it off

that would be a negative on the blow off captain...damage..my teammate wants to carpool and stuff...i wanna go too grr...have a good ride guys im gonna miss this one..grumble grumble...kicks a rock

Last edited: