Dallas- Motorized Bicycle Club

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ruby478, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Ruby478

Ruby478 New Member

I still consider myself a newbie builder even though ive been building for 3 years now.
    Im the owner and founder of the Oak Cliff Motorized Bike Club in Dallas,Tx

If you're in or around Dallas check it out on facebook
    Oak Cliff Motorized Bike Club | Facebook

its open to everyone

usflgxct2auflg

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Re: Dallas- MB Club

We need to start something like that in Houston.

3. Ruby478

Ruby478 New Member

That would be cool, the more local clubs our state has the better it would be for riders to keep in touch, I mean this forums great but hands on advice is always better

4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

We can learn a ton by getting together on occasion and it really helps the riders without a lot of mechanical experience.
    Our concern in the Houston area is law enforcement. They are pretty tolerant of a single motorbike travelling down the street. They get less tolerant of a group of ten motorbikes riding together. We do not want to provoke law enforcement.

5. Ruby478

Ruby478 New Member

Each cities law enforcement is gonna be different. Like here in Dallas if a group of 4 riding is fine as long as they are following all safety standards like lights,helmet,etc stuff like that.
    If anything I would try an outreach program with the police introduce them to some bike maybe even build them a few. I think the reason MB riders get so much crap is because the police dont really know what it is we're ridding around they see (motor+bicycle= motorcycle) if anything the more the community knows about MBs the more accepted they will become as a valid form of transportation