Custom Harley Davidson Track Board Bike - Should I buy it?

GoldenMotor.com

Ted1917

May 4, 2010
Savannah
Hello, I'm new to the forum I"ve seen some beautiful bikes ( everyone here is very talented!); Crazy Horse I really like your builds Sir; I sent you a private message for some info. i hope to hear from you soon. Also, do any of you fellows have an email address or phone number to Mr. George Whitney? I'd like to ask some questions about this build, thank you for your assistance.
regards,
Ted Wojciechowski Ted1917

cinelliphyle

Nov 30, 2009
bonney lake wash.
Just pointing out that this bike and several others attributed to other builders were build in whole or part by me. I had another person bend the tubes and do the welding, but the plan, layout, dimensions, modifications, many of the tanks, and the details and paint in many cases were by me. This particular bike has a fiberglass tank that was designed to conciel a PVC functional tank but can be made to serve as a tank itself as well. I have had very good luck with glass tanks and have a mold for the Indian/Cyclone version. I can and will make custon tanks for others on request. Or can provice a raw version of the mold if that is what you need. These are not expensive and can be easily modified to suit variations in frame tube arrangment and length.
I have been working with a very qualified metal worker who shares my views on proper lines and general look of these machines and is ready and willing to produce one off frame sand though they will be second to none in quality they will not be cheap, they may at some point get cheaper then now but not until we have worked out some production details. Pre orders and deposits will be accepted on an individual basis after discussion of details, payment methode, extent of production level, etc.
Again these frames will be of the absolute best quality. This metal worker is the best there is and will settle for only perfect product and I will only be involved if the bikes have the look that clearly says I know what a board track bike looks like. Far too many people out there puting two strokes in Schwinn and Huffy cruizers with whizzer style tanks and have the nerve to suggest that they are "Board Track Replicas" !
Rick
[email protected]

cinelliphyle

Nov 30, 2009
bonney lake wash.
You folks are too kind. I appreciate the compliments and testiments to my work. It must be saud that some of these machines while designed by me were welded by George Whitny. He is also a nice guy and a gentlman to be sure. I did much o the finish work, build many of the tanks, and created details on these bikes. I also did a great deal of the paint and finish work. I met george some years ago and showed him some tricks to getting the right frame (Worksman) to look like a true board track bike and after he roughed in a ew I completed the bikes. I also did a few on my own .
Again. Thanks for the compliments and take the time to contact me and get a look at my artwork. If you like these old bikes you will love my ink drawings.
Rick...
[email protected]

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
There you have it motorbicycling.com forum members & visitors.

The gentleman who originally designed and custom painted these beautiful works of Art, has finally come forward, he is a true Artist, & Gentleman.

Those of you whom choose to contact him will be very very happy with the end result, as near an original as I've seen to an Period Correct Tribute Board Track Racer Motorized Bicycle!

Peace Crazy Horse.

P.S. Rick thank you for being the Artist, and Gentleman who for many of us will and do appreciate these amazing works of Art!

cinelliphyle

Nov 30, 2009
bonney lake wash.
Please go on... LOL>>>>
Seriously guys.. I really dont desreve the accolades I am getting on this site. We are all just having fun and I have seen some neat machines designed by many creative souls who share this interest.
I am trying to employ the help of my son to get some pictures posted here (I am computer idiot)
I would love for you all to see my artwork. I have many available prints of my drawings some of which even depict various board track machines. These drawings are very detailed and i can do drawings of other bikes on request. I also do artwork for event flyers, posters, t-shirts etc.
Some of my artwork can be seen at VROOMART.COM but the web site is presently in desperate need of work and I am way too busy to fit it in to my priorities just yet. I organize a huge vintage bicycle/motorcycle event in Centralia Wa. on Aug 7-8 with camping, live music, beer garden, raffle, vintage bicycle/ motorcycle show, etc. etc.
Rick...
253=826-0252
[email protected]

Ted1917

May 4, 2010
Savannah
Hey everyone, special thanks to Mr. Rick Gilmore for posting your contact info. and for clearing up some questions about who is building what. Mr. Gilmore I will be speaking with you soon Sir.
Good Night All,
Ted Wojciechowski Ted1917.shft.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Please go on... LOL>>>>
Seriously guys.. I really dont desreve the accolades I am getting on this site. We are all just having fun and I have seen some neat machines designed by many creative souls who share this interest.
I am trying to employ the help of my son to get some pictures posted here (I am computer idiot)
I would love for you all to see my artwork. I have many available prints of my drawings some of which even depict various board track machines. These drawings are very detailed and i can do drawings of other bikes on request. I also do artwork for event flyers, posters, t-shirts etc.
Some of my artwork can be seen at VROOMART.COM but the web site is presently in desperate need of work and I am way too busy to fit it in to my priorities just yet. I organize a huge vintage bicycle/motorcycle event in Centralia Wa. on Aug 7-8 with camping, live music, beer garden, raffle, vintage bicycle/ motorcycle show, etc. etc.
Rick...
253=826-0252
[email protected]
Rick - glad to see you on here! Now I don't have to keep sending your contact info out... ;-)

I'm sure your busy with builds and the like but I'll keep my eye out locally for any worksman frames that pop out as they always do. Hope to see you before Centralia for sure!

Peace, Ryan

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Rick, and Ryan by all means do contact Boeing Plant Public relations office, and request information about surplus bicycles and parts being sold by them or who would you be able to talk to in regards to them.

Rick, they may give them to your Veterans Non-Profit fund-raising as a donation, that is any old Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruisers, frames and or parts as they more than likely have hundreds laying around the Plant!

You could quite possibly raffle one off at the Pedal & Piston Show, for our Veterans!

Just something to think about.

Peace Crazy Horse.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I would go to www.custommotoredbicycles.com and get the PK68.5/80cc for about
$230.oo it's the best little 2-stroker on the market, if thats the way you decide to go ? it would look good in that HD and for $300.oo on the bike thats a steal

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yikes.... you need to buy yourself a welder man, my Villiers bike may not be as pretty as yours but owes me just over $500.

How much did you spend on postage costs? Thats the killer for us living so far away from the rest of the world

Last edited:

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Still have the bike but it's under a blanket in the garage until I can find a reasonable priced v twin that isn't huge. I know I could put in a 16hp Briggs v twin but that's a lot of cash and a lot of engine.

Although recently I think I might have found the answer. There is a company in china that is making a 50cc 4 stroke v-twin "style" engine for a mini chopper they manufacturer. I just posted about this in the 4 stroke engine section. If I knew how to post a link to my thread I would.

Anyway someone is auctioning one of these bikes this weekend and if I can get it for cheep I will get it. I'm more interested in the look of the v twin then the fact that it is an actual working v-twin. If I can't get the bike then I'll see if I can find out if I can purchase the engine by itself. I can't believe nobody, to my knowledge is selling these on this site or anywhere else for that matter.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Still have the bike but it's under a blanket in the garage until I can find a reasonable priced v twin that isn't huge. I know I could put in a 16hp Briggs v twin but that's a lot of cash and a lot of engine.

Although recently I think I might have found the answer. There is a company in china that is making a 50cc 4 stroke v-twin "style" engine for a mini chopper they manufacturer. I just posted about this in the 4 stroke engine section. If I knew how to post a link to my thread I would.

Anyway someone is auctioning one of these bikes this weekend and if I can get it for cheep I will get it. I'm more interested in the look of the v twin then the fact that it is an actual working v-twin. If I can't get the bike then I'll see if I can find out if I can purchase the engine by itself. I can't believe nobody, to my knowledge is selling these on this site or anywhere else for that matter.
Ryan, check this out $7,500 and you'll have an authentic 1/3 scale V-Twin engine!

Here's the Link:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29609

Peace C.H.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Ryan, check this out $7,500 and you'll have an authentic 1/3 scale V-Twin engine!

Here's the Link:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29609

Peace C.H.
Those are nice, I'll take one...

BTW, anyone have $7,500 lying around they don't need? laff

CH - thanks for the links on the 4 stroke 50cc, i'll read those too. Did you see my other thread with the "4 stroke 50cc v-twin"?

Last edited: