Custom Cut BMX frames

GoldenMotor.com

CrimsonPrince

Mar 6, 2020
Does anyone know where I can get BMX frames cut to fit a bikeberry 2 or 4 stroke motor? Just looking for any frame that can hold the motor because normal frames cannot accommodate given the space between the top and down tubes. I have an ELITE Bikes CMNDR frame (20.5" toptube length) for reference and would like to have similar dimensions. Also, was wondering if any of you have tried rear axle chain drive, as that is what I would probably go for if the in-line mount with cut frame doesnt work out.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Huh? Didn't I just respond to this exact same enquiry in your debut posting last Friday? In my reply, I already gave you the name of makers and suppliers of the only 'motor ready' bmx cub frames I'm aware of here in the UK. My advice was to search online for something similar in the US where you are. No offense, but did you read my reply, or just look at the pictures?
In your latest post above (tip: makes more sense to keep your posts on this subject in one thread) you seem to be saying you're looking "...for ANY frame that can hold a motor". Even the quickest look at this forum will reveal thousands of bicycle builds capable of being motorized. In your particular case, it would make much more sense to simply purchase a 'regular' bike instead of spending way more having a BMX frame professionally adapted to accept a lay flat motor as pictured in my original reply. Even if you can source an off-the-shelf 'motor ready' BMX cub frame from someone in the US it's not going to be cheap. Such specialized, niche market things seldom are.
I'm confused when you ask "...has anyone tried rear axle chain drive?'. All gas-powered motorized bikes have rear axle chain drive, so I'm presuming you're talking about mounting a motor up-and-out-back to a BMX frame? If that's the case, maybe someone else can chime in with their input. Already said my piece on that kind of set up in my original reply. Only my opinion.
At the end of the day, if you want a motorized bike and would prefer to simply use an off-the-shelf 2 or 4 stroke motor from the suppliers advertising on this forum, it makes way more sense to opt for one of hundreds of bikes with frames that make this a straightforward proposition. Severely limiting your options from the git go by restricting your choice of frame to the bike you already own - one which because of its frame dimensions makes motorizing extremely difficult - isn't the best way forward.

CrimsonPrince

Mar 6, 2020
Huh? Didn't I just respond to this exact same enquiry in your debut posting last Friday? In my reply, I already gave you the name of makers and suppliers of the only 'motor ready' bmx cub frames I'm aware of here in the UK. My advice was to search online for something similar in the US where you are. No offense, but did you read my reply, or just look at the pictures?
In your latest post above (tip: makes more sense to keep your posts on this subject in one thread) you seem to be saying you're looking "...for ANY frame that can hold a motor". Even the quickest look at this forum will reveal thousands of bicycle builds capable of being motorized. In your particular case, it would make much more sense to simply purchase a 'regular' bike instead of spending way more having a BMX frame professionally adapted to accept a lay flat motor as pictured in my original reply. Even if you can source an off-the-shelf 'motor ready' BMX cub frame from someone in the US it's not going to be cheap. Such specialized, niche market things seldom are.
I'm confused when you ask "...has anyone tried rear axle chain drive?'. All gas-powered motorized bikes have rear axle chain drive, so I'm presuming you're talking about mounting a motor up-and-out-back to a BMX frame? If that's the case, maybe someone else can chime in with their input. Already said my piece on that kind of set up in my original reply. Only my opinion.
At the end of the day, if you want a motorized bike and would prefer to simply use an off-the-shelf 2 or 4 stroke motor from the suppliers advertising on this forum, it makes way more sense to opt for one of hundreds of bikes with frames that make this a straightforward proposition. Severely limiting your options from the git go by restricting your choice of frame to the bike you already own - one which because of its frame dimensions makes motorizing extremely difficult - isn't the best way forward.
Hay man, read your post previously! I actually should have clarified that I want to be able to pedal my bike, so the Honda Cub frame designs are not up my alley since they dont have any spot for the crank arms. I think a larger frame might be agoodidea,but honestly im really attached to the small size bmxdue to my bodytype and riding style,

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
OK, knowing your requirements is good. Too much info is never a bad thing.
If a BMX frame and pedals are a must have for any motorizing project you have in mind, it can be done. Although yours may not be one of them, there are BMX frames out there which will allow a 49cc or 80cc (actually 66cc) gas motor to be fitted. First pic below shows a very tight install, but proves it's possible. Builder admits the super scarce bike for this build was a very expensive buy. Failing that, going up a frame size is the only route to getting the space needed for a motor between the frame's top and down tubes.
Blue bike pictured was built by Norm at VeniceMotorBikes in LA. Looks like he even managed to fit an aftermarket cnc'd head to the motor in this build. For inspiration it might pay you to visit VMBs facebook page and click on 'photos' to see hundreds of photos highlighting their builds.
BMXer.jpg
venicebikesBMX.jpg