Curious about Owners/ Builder's

GoldenMotor.com

dag29388

Apr 8, 2016
Anderson, Sc.
Hello everyone it's been quite a while since I was here. I was in an accident a few years ago and wound up in a coma for about a year and a half. After plenty of PT and help from family and friends I am almost 100% I have tried to get back into the hobby and am ready to get started on a new build. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions as my memory is a bit hazy at times I hope it won't be a issue. I am now living in Anderson, SC. So if anyone is nearby and would like to meet up let's make it happen.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Had the coma experience when I was 5 yo. Ate bad mayonnaise and caught salmonella poisoning. It put me a coma for 6 months. To this day I won't eat anything with mayonnaise in it.

I haven't rode for a year now. I had lower back issues and got surgery in January of this year. I plan to ride again soon. I'm also from SC originally but live in Tennessee now.

I wish you well in your recovery and on doing a build.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
It sounds like you haven’t ridden for a while too. It’s extremely dangerous on the streets now. I’ve had my motorcycle license 20 years by now. The beginning and middle of Covid was the best time to ride. I’d just finished a lengthy ebike build in the beginning when the streets were completely empty and it was great! But something happened to the drivers as they returned to work after Covid. They got dumber, less alert, blind, and in 2023 they became VERY rude. I stopped riding last year and have continued to see the stupidity and rudeness of other drivers in my cage. Don’t ride on public streets now.. they’ll be less rude when the economic situation improves and less stupid as self-driving cars get better with their algorithms in coming years. I’d give it 5-10 years to return to public roads and only ride when people aren’t hurting financially as much (watch gas prices).

Reactions: dag29388