crank question

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by bodydropped, Jul 13, 2009.

1. bodydropped

bodydropped New Member

alright i need a quick tip on removing the crank from the casing.i have the block apart and would like to have the crank out to take it to my machine shop to get a quote on a balance.
    im stumped on this one thanks for any info you can provide ......dnut

oh and if there is a better quality rod and piston avaliable let me know i cant find a thing.

#1 bodydropped, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. Creative Engineering

If you have everything removed...MAG magnet, small crank gear, and all case screws...just tap it apart with a plastic deadblow hammer. The bearings are not a press fit to the crank.

If you have not removed the clutch assembly...you will need to! There are 3 case screws behind the clutch assembly.

Jim

3. bodydropped

bodydropped New Member

yeah the motor is apart and i tried tapping the shaft with the small gear on the clutch side and no movement at all. it seems like there is something clipped in side or maybe a pin of some sort.

4. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

5. bodydropped

bodydropped New Member

yup thats where im at,but i dont see anything about removing the crank only the clutch shaft.so i guess i do have to hammer it out.