crank case oil

GoldenMotor.com

blockhead

Sep 20, 2008
I've had lots of dirt bikes and they all have had crank case oil, these are sealed and have no drain or fill how do you service these?

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
These? What is it that you have? What motor? Do you have the little GT "good times" 2 stoke engine? What motor do you have? Let us know. Thanks..

blockhead

Sep 20, 2008
I have a 66cc ntjl 2 stroke. if the fuel lubes the bottom end thats cool I have had a lot of 2 stroke dirt bike that had crankcase oil in addition to the fuel oil. just curious.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
2 stroke motorcycles use gearbox oil for the transmission & clutch and premix for the motor

HT engines use grease on the simple gear train

MOTOMagoo

Dec 5, 2020
Check it out bro I haven't been able to find any information on it either. You're right about a drain plug you could probably make one happen somehow use your imagination. However I seem to be in my engine enough I think I'll have plenty of opportunity just to turn the bike Upside Down With The Jug off dump it out if I have to. I was wondering if I put 4-stroke oil in there where to keep the engine cooler would it Lube everything better and the answer is of course it would. What I find more interesting is put some oil in there and you can rotate that crank was in the case and you can see the crank weights pick up the oil and it creates like this wall in between the crank and the crankcase. The oils being flung up off of the crank and creating this curtain also the oil takes up space in the crankcase which means less crankcase volume which means your carburetor doesn't have to fill up the whole crankcase before it gets your fuel-air mixture into the transfer ports also that wall on either side that your cream is creating the curtain of oil is inadvertently creating a path that is more direct to your transfer Port so not only do you have a lower crankcase volume but you also have a more direct route to your transfers Phoebe running cooler and longer my question is how hot does it get in that crankcase do you think the thicker/thinner oil would be best? Also I wonder if that motor could benefit from breaking oil in the crankcase or maybe just 30 weight non detergent before you moved here like a synthetic you know another question is what about the old high zinc oil for like the flat tappet cams I wonder if that crank can benefit from having a higher zinc and phosphorus levels to help hardened engine componets as it heat cycles for the first three times or so. I'm going to look for some 30 weight non detergent high zinc tractor oil.

• Haha
Reactions: Davideo and wrench