Cool Bike and Photos

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Now that's living life to it's fullest in my humble opinion!! I certainly wished that I was at a stage in my life where I could do something like that..........

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
I found some of his photos on the other site, and it mentions something about a 3 speed gearbox. Maybe that's just the final drive?
Originally, he had the setup rack mounted.

GX35 engine.

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
There pedals still on the gas motor bike I see. It also has what really looks like good shocks too. My OHV California approved for trail riding bike I built was fun up in the Sierras recently. I looked at the pictures of the places shown on that web page and want to get back there again.

MT

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29678&page=13 post 129 page 13 time before last in the woods

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The man certainly has some talent behind a camera lens and obviously in the shop too. Too bad he's not a member here. He'd be a welcome addition.
I have to wonder if he does videos as well as some outstanding still photography.
If anyone is in communication with him, invite him to check us out.

Tom

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
The man certainly has some talent behind a camera lens and obviously in the shop too. Too bad he's not a member here. He'd be a welcome addition.
I have to wonder if he does videos as well as some outstanding still photography.
If anyone is in communication with him, invite him to check us out.

Tom
He's a member here, but his last post was in June 2010. His name/screen name is Alexander.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
If you're looking for a similar drivetrain, Predator makes an auger that has a gearbox well suited for motorbicycling, and its a two stroke with a pumper carb so it can be mounted in any orientation.

HF sells them for $189-250

Buzzerbiker

Sep 27, 2012
kalispell MT.
That is amazing! I'm sure that engine is a Honda GX35, just like my last build and current ride. He is using a tiller bottom end, I believe, and very well executed. I considered that option as well, but went my direction instead. His setup is far superior for severe service. On the Honda again, by far the superior engine in every aspect, unless you want more horse power, higher maintenance, and two stroke cackle. To each their own, of course, two strokers have their place, but not 11Km of treking. Simply beautiful, thanks for sharing that, am already tellin' my bros about this one. brnot

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I have a spare auger trans I'd actually like to possibly hook up to a HS49 since it would make the engine very narrow compared to transverse mounting. I have lots of love for this red auger transmission, and the motor prolly makes about 4 hp piped and pulls 12k rpm, so its a good deal for $150 anyways. For the way I rip around a two stroke is more practical but someday I'd like to make a long distance four stroke like that since people have managed to get many miles from the small 4's.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Wish I could get my $15 bike of undetermined make to do that, but considering
my budget I'm as close as I'll get. $5 in-frame pannier from a Goodwill carry-on.
$2 stem bag, same place. $20 surplus Marine bivy with a $15 Walmart fleece
bag inside. There's a GX35 under the stealh cover with a friction setup that
can convert to belt drive in about 20 min. She actually pedals pretty easy.
The fiction set has a real low ratio so I can putt along at 12 to 16 mph up
most anything pedaling with minimal effort.
Wish I had that fella's genius for photography too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Thanks 16,
Not being in any particular hurry, I pedal much of the time
without the engine.(especially thru hostile territory)
As seen, my top speed is 21 mph with a tail wind, my average
speed is only slightly higher than a regular cyclist but my range
greater. It's a go-anywhere bike, & I can stretch a gallon of to
200 mi. by pedaling the easy stuff. I keep a flat 72 oz. bottle
in the in-frame, that and the stock tank will take me a lot
farther than I'd care to ride in a day anyway. I think the bike
is an old '80s Giant atx, but it's hard to say since it had 3
different coats of paint on it and a bunch of weird German parts.
Whatever, I know it's chromo and solid as a rock.

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Oh, by the way,
This is my weekender, pretty much the same, but
lighter & quicker. It's an '89 Raleigh technium,( alu
main tubes, chromo everything else) Got it for
$30 at flea mkt. Needed a bit of tlc. The stealth
cover also fits this bike.

Attachments

Last edited: