Computer Help Needed Please

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Gentlemen, I need help with my laptop. It's a Lenovo G570 and the dvd drive is acting up and not playing many discs. I have tried the usual lens cleaning. There is also a problem with the spindle. One of the three spring keepers/tang thingy has broken. The drive model is Samsung/Toshiba DVD Writer Model SN-208

My question is will the drive shown in this craigslist ad work for me?
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/sop/6156785473.html

Or can someone tell me of a suitable replacement as I know some of these are interchangeable.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I've changed quite a few on desk tops and towers but nothing but memory modules on lap tops. Hopefully a lap top has interchangeable parts like a tower does. Maybe someone will chime in with a answer.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks for the replies. The external drive is an option but I'd prefer to get the internal replacement to retain the ease of portability. I have seen the operation done and it is pretty simple but I agree does need a delicate touch to avoid breaking the face plate.
You would think it would be easy to find a cross reference guide for these components but I can't find anything. Chaz chimp getting frustrated.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks Kev, I got some leads from a lenovo forum and found an external lenovo drive on craigs that I think is going to be the easiest and it's a very slim model, not much bigger than the internal one.