CNS Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
EXCELLANT!!!!! Just came back from a good test ride....Everything is great, bottom, middle, and topend....I made a 2 1/2 inch velocity stack with some foam as filtration for now until my shorter intake gets here so I can fit my K&N in there....
WOW, What a fiasco,LOL...I`M NOT SCREWING WITH IT ANY MORE, LEAVE IT ALONE NOW .....
Paul....

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
WELL, I got it figured out.....Just came back from a 3 mile ride.....WITH the slide mod. and NO air filter and without wacking the throttle to wide open, it rides verry good....I just creep up on the throttle and it goes through the jetting circuits just fine....In fact it out motors the gearing now....Got more throttle than gearing....(44 on the back)....3/4 turns out on the air/fuel screw.....Plus the slide fileing I did.....
Paul....
I have followed this thread from the beginning and want to make sure what the fix is for this carb.....I want one.

The fix is just the stock (HT) needle valve thing from float bowl, only 3/4 turn on the mix screw and the filing? Anything I miss here?

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
You need the use the Slide needle, not the float needle.....Iwent between 3/4 and 1 turn...I filed the back side of the slide(where the air comes into the carb)...I took off about half of the ridge....Take it slow and make sure it`s even.....
Paul.....

svc

Jan 10, 2009
sydney australia
I have finaly had some luck with my CNS today too. I'm definately no authority, Im still not 100% sure if in on the screw is richer or leaner. I dont really know if it affect's the whole throttle range? just WOT? something else?

To get mine going i used the pin out of the stock carb with the clip on the highest setting(leaner/pin lower). screw at just under 3 turns out. this screw is sensitive use 1/8th turns or oclocks to find the sweet spot.

I rode to work and back today (about 15 km return) i didnt check the plug at work, checked it when i got home and lovely chocolate brown. the temperature has range from pleasant in shorts this morning to horrible hot this afternoon, so i'm guessing i was a touch on the lean side this morning

john

svc

Jan 10, 2009
sydney australia
My bike is going better now with the CNS than it was with the stock. In saying that, it was a frustrating experience at first. If you dont like fiddling with things to make them work i would stick with stock.

JoeJ

Jul 22, 2008
Winston Salem NC
I've got one mounted on a dax 70 stock cylinder with chrome style intake. The only performance mod I have is a tuned pipe..... LOVE IT. Good low end and better top end.

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I hate to bring this out from the dead, But I got a problem with my cns carb. It seems to leak fuel, and It bogs down when I accel.Any Ideas?

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I hate to bring this out from the dead, But I got a problem with my cns carb. It seems to leak fuel, and It bogs down when I accel.Any Ideas?
I had the same problem. I called spooky tooth they said take out the cable and barrel then pull out the needle it has 5 notches that the e-clip goes on, if you move the clip down it will richen and up will lean it out. I made mine richer now it runs good. I hope this helps.
HOT WHEELS,.wee..wee. .wee..wee.

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Making it richer stoped the leaking fuel? why is that? Will give it a try. Also, my throttle cable seems to be longer than the jacket, the adjustments dont have enough to taunt it, Any Ideas?

Well, I took my cns carb apart, and in one of the corners there is small hole that goes through it and there is a rige on the exterior of the casting, it leaks through there, must be a hairline crack, because I see no visible cracks, but it leaks. Guess I dont even get to use my cns carb. Anyone know what the port is used for, it seems to have something to do with the choke? or air flow, not sure, maybe I can plug it inside the bowl? Well, I guess I need to contact spooky tooth :(

Attachments

Last edited:

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
how big is this I want to get the Manic machnics intake Manifold. but i have a small space to work in. would you mind measuring this for me?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you can't get the stock carb working right, you aren't going to get a more complicated one tuned either. If you are going to spend 50+ dollars on another carb, buy a real carb, like a mikuni, or del'orto. You are going to have to tune the carb to your engine anyway, why not get a good one that is tuneable.

Look on ebay for a 16-18 mm carb.

Have a look around this forum at all the CNS carb problems/help with tuning thread posts for further evidence.