Clutch will not disengage whenever i squeeze the lever

GoldenMotor.com

hogue676

Oct 7, 2020
What's up everybody this is the first time I've ever been on a forum I guess you could say this is my problem I recently purchased a motorized bicycle already built from somebody and I didn't look close enough to the whole thing before I purchased it once I got it home I got to looking in it and everything was wrong with it the wiring was not even taped up spark plug booting sit on the spark plug all the way I've had to tape it and then I found out that there was a crack in the frame so anyway I changed everything over this new bike now the clutch will not disengage I am pretty mechanically inclined so I am aware of all the tools and the terminology I do not know how to do this will somebody please help me

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Hogue, could be that your clutch needs adjusting or, the clutch plate and pressure plate are seized and won't separate. That could be caused by debris trapped between them. The same thing happened to me on my first build when the ball bearings disintegrated and jammed up the clutch.

hogue676

Oct 7, 2020
I appreciate you responding back I figured out the problem when I took the plate off I wasn't paying attention and the bucking bar came out along with the ball bearing I found the ball bearing but I can't find the bucking bar but I'm going to make another one out of a bolt that I got want to make sure their edges are rounded and all that stuff what can I do to make this thing perform better that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg

Reactions: Davideo

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I appreciate you responding back I figured out the problem when I took the plate off I wasn't paying attention and the bucking bar came out along with the ball bearing I found the ball bearing but I can't find the bucking bar but I'm going to make another one out of a bolt that I got want to make sure their edges are rounded and all that stuff what can I do to make this thing perform better that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg
These little engines are good runners as long as the compression is ok and the bottom end is in good shape. Parts are very reasonably priced and easy to find.