clutch slipping

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Do you have any tension on the cable when the clutch is released? I know on mine it's a fine line when using the clutch lock between having the clutch drag and having the clutch slip when it's released.

topflight253

Jul 27, 2010
phonix
thanks i got it started got around the corner and then the motor bogged down and died and when i try to start it after that it startup like i have the choke on but i dont and boggs down

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
Topflight, check your choke to make sure its not vibrating up, or closing itself. Mine did until i put a spring on from the black plastic air filter cover to the choke arm.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If repairing flimsy choke with a spring does not help, check the slide for proper assembly as well as the needle clip position. Alot of the Chinese instructions tell you to put the silver notched washer inside the slide first, underneath the needle and clip. This is wrong. It needs to go above the needle and clip. If the silver notched washer is installed underneath, the needle can get hung up and not move with the slide like it is supposed to.
This will enrichen the mixture as if the choke is on and yes, the engine can bog out.