Clutch pull angle

GoldenMotor.com

Damraider

Mar 12, 2011
hayward
Hey guys ,Great site !! I am building my first bike with my Son . It is a RAW kit 80 cc . I have a CNC shop and can't help but try and improve things . I think I am going to make a new clutch cover with a spot to put the clutch cable so it pulls 90 degrees from the clutch lever . Does anybody have trouble with the way the stock set-up works ?

Thanks,

Steve

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hey guys ,Great site !! I am building my first bike with my Son . It is a RAW kit 80 cc . I have a CNC shop and can't help but try and improve things . I think I am going to make a new clutch cover with a spot to put the clutch cable so it pulls 90 degrees from the clutch lever . Does anybody have trouble with the way the stock set-up works ?

Thanks,

Steve
Yes, right from the get-go. Here is how I solved the problem... I make these. Got the idea from a forum member.

Attachments

Damraider

Mar 12, 2011
hayward
Very nice !! Even better then what I was thinking because it leaves the cable inline with the bike ... I bent the actuator about 30 degrees and it helps but I think I will fab your idea ...

Thanks,

Steve

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Very nice !! Even better then what I was thinking because it leaves the cable inline with the bike ... I bent the actuator about 30 degrees and it helps but I think I will fab your idea ...

Thanks,

Steve
With this fab you can pull the clutch with 1 finger. I tested the pull with 6# mono fishing line. I've sold gobs of them.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Here's another modification that works wonders as far as clutch pull is concerned. Remove the clutch actuator cam from the cover and the pin that it pushes against. Smooth all the edges and I go so far as to polish the contacting surfaces then lubricate them before reassembly. I think with Al's mod and this one you'll have a clutch that you can pull with minimal resistance.
Tom