Clutch issues help

GoldenMotor.com

Sldgehmmr

Apr 23, 2019
Oklahoma
So my clutch is acting like the bucking bar is too short (Clutch won't fully disengage). I checked the bucking bar, (no adnormal wear) so I agusted the clutch to where it would operate but same issue occurred. So I cut a longer buck bar, it worked for a while but same issue reaccured. I've made 2 bucking bars longer than stock but clutch continues to do the same problem. I pulled the clutch shaft out of my engine and all is good (shear pin,spring,retainer caps all good). I'm at a loss and don't know what's going on any help is appreciated.

P.s. when issue occurs the clutch arm is bottomed out (meaning clutch arm is touching carb and dosent fully disengage)

kaneto

Jun 6, 2016
Bulgaria
So my clutch is acting like the bucking bar is too short (Clutch won't fully disengage). I checked the bucking bar, (no adnormal wear) so I agusted the clutch to where it would operate but same issue occurred. So I cut a longer buck bar, it worked for a while but same issue reaccured. I've made 2 bucking bars longer than stock but clutch continues to do the same problem. I pulled the clutch shaft out of my engine and all is good (shear pin,spring,retainer caps all good). I'm at a loss and don't know what's going on any help is appreciated.

P.s. when issue occurs the clutch arm is bottomed out (meaning clutch arm is touching carb and dosent fully disengage)
Maybe the cam is rounded over or broken?

Reactions: Sldgehmmr

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Remove the engine covers from both sides of the engine & check the torque on the 19mm nuts on both sides of the clutch shaft.... It sounds like one is coming loose & the whole thing is moving over.

Reactions: Sldgehmmr

Sldgehmmr

Apr 23, 2019
Oklahoma
The cam is worn but not enough to cause this issue cause I was wondering that myself. As for the nuts, when I tore down the clutch shaft those nuts we're tight AF! I barely broke them loose. I'm not trying to shoot down y'alls ideas, I appreciate them greatly, it's just I've tried everything and I still havnt solved the problem yet. But I'm determined

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Take off the flower nut & remove the pressure plate... Does the large gear spin smooth (& independently) of the clutch shaft? (maybe the small bearings went bad)?