Chief say "how" :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Yes indeedy. I got catalyzed rattle can black in a ceramic that stands up to gas for the mini keg tank. The can of paint cost almost as much as the tank... bout $35 but it aint coming off. We have a place; Space Age Paints. Theyll put most anything in a rattle can for you. I could try and match it up. Mabey on the next try. Im not really happy the way this one turned out. Close. But; well, It could be better.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks guys! I didnt like the unpainted jackshaft so while I was monkeying around with the 80 tooth wheel I spray bombed it black. I also went to Space Age Paints and ordered up a rattle can of burgandy metalflake paint as close as I could find to the Chief's color. Did a little further trimming too. Also: I whipped out my glass cutter and cut some stained glass; one red and one blue then velcroed them to the handle bar lights. They strobe like wigwags on a fire truck!

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Look dude if yer go'n to post pic's of that bike can you take the seat off PLEASE!!

Oh! and I do like the grips too, but stop rubbing the seat in my face man (LOL!)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I didnt like the grips at first but they are growing on me. Thay had BIG HOLES on the end letting you see the internals of the bars / throttle. I got some well nuts and brass washers. Stainless bolts to fill the holes and keep the water out. looks better too. I have a fix four your saddle envy trucked. You'll see. MMWAAAAAHahahaha

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I love my Gyes But for a certain build I believe I have to have a Lepper Primus saddle as it is a period correct.
Why not put some leather tassels in the end of the grips

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Velo
Look'n for a little vintage bling for the tank on the chief, go to Pet Smart and get a couple of dog collars small enough for the tank and it will give the appearance that it is strapped on rather than just hidden under the saddle, you need to accent it Bro.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Ya.. I think ur right Fozzy. Too much bike for me. Let ya have it for just the shipping. MY cost to Neshoba Co. is only $1200 laff

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
hey velo, got a link for that back sproket thingie the one that the belt goes around on the wheel, and what about the idler? what did you use for that? I wanna do a harley style bike next.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Final gearing selection is complete. ! I swapped out the 3" output pulley for a 3 1/2 incher. The speedo is kaput but Im pretty sure Im hitting bout 35. Feels about the same as my Twin build and I have a new speedo in the mail. My problem is launching. Not really a problem but I'd like a better launch. I posted a thread in the gearing RE raising the RPM speed of clutch endgadgment.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I had the bike apart again yesterday to do the gearing and was supprised to find how little difference their is between the 3 1/2 and 3" as far as engine location went. However. I now have to remove the transmission to install the secondary belt. as their is not enough room between the engine block and pulley outter edge to slip it over :)