carb to big for intake

GoldenMotor.com

TNault

Feb 2, 2011
Florida
my carb plastic o ring was degrading so i took it out to look at it and it broke in half.. now i need to find something to replace it with.. anyone have any ideas? oh yea just to be clear its not the black rubber o ring that is suppost to create a seal its the white one that goes over the intake port to keep the carb from falling off

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Look around you may find some like wise [thickness] plastic curl it up and stick it in there. I would do that right off perhaps but only if it was like wise. If not you will prolly crack the carb body tightening it up. One of our vendors I am sure sell one by now I would look around.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I need something like that and can't find it in my junk drawers I head off to a good hardware store and start browsing the isles. Especially the plumbing section for something like a bushing you're talking about. As for compatibility with ethanol, there shouldn't be that much contact if it is only a spacer, or bushing that sets in the carburetor throat. Even Home Depot might be able to provide what you need, but a hardware store would be a better choice.
Take the carb and intake manifold with you and start searching.
Tom

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
would that part come in a card rebuild kit.. because iv seen a few of rebuild kit for garbs online. i cant remember where tho..

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
my carb plastic o ring was degrading so i took it out to look at it and it broke in half.. now i need to find something to replace it with.. anyone have any ideas? oh yea just to be clear its not the black rubber o ring that is suppost to create a seal its the white one that goes over the intake port to keep the carb from falling off
creative engineering makes a ported intake for the cns carb that you don't need the white plastic at all that is how i would roll if i was you they are 20 bucks on spooky tooth and will give you more power

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
The one I need is 19mm ID and 24mm OD. Dellorto doesn't have one that size. But thanks for the link, gives me some new search ideas.

Last edited:

superbob

Mar 7, 2011
Florida
creative engineering makes a ported intake for the cns carb that you don't need the white plastic at all that is how i would roll if i was you they are 20 bucks on spooky tooth and will give you more power
I like the idea of a new, tighter intake instead of the rtv silicone. I have to rotate my carb to get at it and make needle adjustments, etc. Looked on spooky tooth. They show a steel intake manifold for 6.00 but give no further info. No quick way to tell if it is for a CNS carb so I e-mailed them.

I think I'm taking the twenty bucks and going with the NT, if only to keep from further messing up my break-in period with bad carburetion, air leaks and this mysterious overrevving. I don't mind a touchy CNS carb if it turns out to be more versatile and adjustable in the end, but if I already have to pay 20 bucks to begin to fix it... and my patience is wearing thin too.