Can't get my bike to start

GoldenMotor.com

Mea

Jun 6, 2023
I build my bike about a week ago it take lots of effort to start and sometimes dose not even start I have only gotten it to run smooth 3 times "tryed to start at least 50" I get it going then I turn on the fuel and it dies not sure what the problem is here

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Fuel spark compression and gaskets are your big 4 reasons for a hard start... It's usually a combination of things
Plug gap of .028 and a blue spark is a healthy spark the gap between the magnet and armature is a dollar bill folded in half all the way around
The gasket surfaces need to be flat with no casting flash sticking out a file helps and a light sanding on a flat surface to true the surface on both sides of the gasket... The fuel... Make Shure the carb has an O ring and is tight on the intake you can raise or lower the needle jet on the knoches to see if it effects it
Watch some videos on YouTube Hughes has some good videos on this to get you going strong

Attachments

Mea

Jun 6, 2023
You should begin with that valve on before you even get on the bike. Put the choke on fully before you try starting it. Then after it starts take the choke off.
yea it doesn't start when I do that but im gonna try again

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
2 screws on top of carburator. remove them and the bowl. Check the jet and jet tube to be sure they are both in place and snugly tight. I've discovered this a few times most recently.

Reactions: Mea

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The thing with the 2 stroke engines is that there cheap and out of the box need work... Studying up on them will help and there all different and the cheapest ones aren't compatible with itself... Things are put together wrong... Nothing is tested prior to shipping... But there simple to fix and parts are available... Fixing something new in the box is frustrating but it's all part of the game... It's going to break down constantly but again with some spares and is easily fixed... These are old design that's been copied so think of it as 1923 not a 2023

2stroker412

Oct 31, 2022
Have you replaced the junk spark plug yet? Simply using a quality plug can solve starting issues. It's happened to me

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Spark plug wire like a MSD one is something I always replace... Then again I replace everything but the case and jug with better stuff... I've got boxes of cranks and cylinders to build from parts... China just supplies the cores... That way I know what I have...